Carnival discount for sister line past-passengers?

geologygeek

Just wondering if anyone has successfully booked a Carnival past passenger rate if they have cruised only with an associated line in the past (e.g., Princess, HAL, Costa etc.)?

Thanks.

We cruised Princess a few years ago and requested the past guest discount. Some of the other Carnival corp lines have started sending me there flyers and they show a past guest number on them even though I have never sailed with them.

We booked our upcoming April cruise on the Freedom using the past-guest discount -- by virtue of having sailed with Cunard in the past. It took a lot of phone calls by us & our TA to get the right numbers from Cunard "transferred" to Carnival, but it worked!

My TA told me that you can only move "down" down??? and still use your past guest discount. For example, we sailed Princess and Carnival gave us the past guest discount, but it wouldn't have worked the other way around. Something wrong there...

I just booked a Princess Alaskan cruise, and I got the past guest discount. I book through a PVP. You might want to ask your TA to check on that again.:eek:

We just received this very type of discount on our upcoming July 10, sailing out of Baltimore. We have cruised with Holland America in the past, and my PVP called and said that if I could get her my Holland America customer id (past guest) number that we could get this special rate.

My TA told me that you can only move "down" down??? and still use your past guest discount. For example, we sailed Princess and Carnival gave us the past guest discount, but it wouldn't have worked the other way around. Something wrong there...

I just booked a Princess Alaskan cruise, and I got the past guest discount. I book through a PVP. You might want to ask your TA to check on that again.:eek:

Cotton - Did you do/say anthing special to get the Princess Past Guest Rate using your Carnival Past Guest status??? We eventually got Past Guest rate on Perincess Alaskan, but only after numerous calls to different reservationsist and finally a letter to Princess Corporate?

The most consistent story we got from Princess reservationists was that the the Vacation Interchange rate is only offered on certain Princess cruises and is not available for all Princess Past Guest offerings, and that reservationists could not "list" the cruises with the VIP offering.

ken

Hi Ken. I may have just been lucky; I don't know. I first called Princess to inquire about the Alaskan cruise, and was told that I would get the past guest rate because I am Platinum on Carnival. Real cut and dry; no hassle.

Somehow, my Carnival PVP got hold of my inquiring through Princess (odd, I thought), and called me to say I would also be given VIP status on the Princess cruise.

I didn't question it. I'm just happy to know.:D

I didn't mean to offend anyone, obviously I am a fan of Carnival since I stay on this board, using the word "down" was just the quickest way I could think to say that Princess and HAL are considered higher-end cruises. I'm a Carnival lover like everyone else and have sailed them most...

We sailed Princess before and got PP rate on our upcoming March Carnival cruise.

My TA told me that you can only move "down" and still use your past guest discount. For example, we sailed Princess and Carnival gave us the past guest discount, but it wouldn't have worked the other way around.

Hmm...that doesn't sound right...I mean, it's not a tier system. Also, since Carnival owns most of the sister corps, wouldn't they be the "umbrella" of the tier? (confused):confused:

Hi Ken. I may have just been lucky; I don't know. I first called Princess to inquire about the Alaskan cruise, and was told that I would get the past guest rate because I am Platinum on Carnival. Real cut and dry; no hassle.

Somehow, my Carnival PVP got hold of my inquiring through Princess (odd, I thought), and called me to say I would also be given VIP status on the Princess cruise.

I didn't question it. I'm just happy to know.:D

Cotton - I didn't have the Platinum thing working for me!!! Interestingly, the nu merous Princess reservationsist I spoke with all indicated they had few (or no) situations of Carnival Past Guests trying to get the Princess Past Guest Rate - apparently not a common occurrence. Probably half of those I spoke with claimed to be unaware of the so-called Vacation Interchange Program. ken

Archived