kids in different age groupd stay together??

sarahjoe

We are sailing on the Naviagator in March and will be bring our kids on their first cruise. My daughter is 15 and son 12--can they hang out in the teen area/arcade

together or will they be separated into age groups??

Are you asking about Adventure Ocean? If so, your kids would be in different groups - the youngest in the 12-14 year age group and the older in the 15-17 year group.

Or are you asking about Fuel or the Living Room Lounge?

They can hang out together as long as it is not with the organized children/teen programs. We ran into this issue last year when our girls were 11 years(10months) and 14 on our Carnival cruise. They were in two different age groups for the kids programs. This year they are 13 and 15 so they will all be in the same club on NCL.

Karysa

They can hang out in the arcade area together. The arcade is not part of Adventure Ocean. The teen lounge is available to kids 12-17.

If they choose to participate in organized activities, there are separate age groups for 12-14 year olds and 15-17 year olds. You can ask if the 15 year old can join the 12-14 year old group for those. Sometimes they allow this, sometimes not.

They can hang out in the arcade area together. The arcade is not part of Adventure Ocean. The teen lounge is available to kids 12-17.

If they choose to participate in organized activities, there are separate age groups for 12-14 year olds and 15-17 year olds. You can ask if the 15 year old can join the 12-14 year old group for those. Sometimes they allow this, sometimes not.

Yep exactly. :D

sarahjoe - the schedules are at the link in my signature. You can see the different activities for each age group.

We have a similar situation. We are going with a family whose daughter will turn 12 a week or two before we sail. Our daughter will turn 12 two weeks after we get back (we are stuck with the week because of spring break). Will they let the older one move down with our daughter? I think this would be our preference because if the 12-17 years old can hang out together, that can be quite an age spread.

We have a similar situation. We are going with a family whose daughter will turn 12 a week or two before we sail. Our daughter will turn 12 two weeks after we get back (we are stuck with the week because of spring break). Will they let the older one move down with our daughter? I think this would be our preference because if the 12-17 years old can hang out together, that can be quite an age spread.

Which cruise line? I have not heard of one with a 12-17 year old range.

Your friends daughter will be 12 and your daughter will be 11 when you sail, correct? There is probably a group that covers 11 and 12 year olds.

Karysa

Up earlier in the thread, it said that the teen lounge is for 12-17 yo. If I am reading the literature correctly, the breakout is 9-11, 12-14, 15-17 for the structured activities. However, they have a teen area where they can just hang out and all 12-17 yo are allowed in there. We will be sailing on Royal Caribbean.

Can anyone tell me if I am understanding this correctly?

Up earlier in the thread, it said that the teen lounge is for 12-17 yo. If I am reading the literature correctly, the breakout is 9-11, 12-14, 15-17 for the structured activities. However, they have a teen area where they can just hang out and all 12-17 yo are allowed in there. We will be sailing on Royal Caribbean.

Can anyone tell me if I am understanding this correctly?

Yes, you are understanding this correctly.

If you ask the counselors in AO, the 12 year old may be allowed to move down into the 9-11 year olds age group, but it usually depends on how full the groups are.

If I am remembering correctly from my research on this last year I do not remember a 12-17 group. My girls will be 13 and 15 so I would have considered a line with this. Which line is it?

Karysa

I got my answer. It is regarding the teen lounge age groups and not the cruise line kids/teen club age groupings.

Karysa

Archived