Platinum cruise Questions

sandi50

Booked the Fascination today asked about Platinum status for my wife,this would be her 10th carnival cruise,was told they can look back only so far,they did have our first cruise together in 1990.I believe her other 2 were in 1986 and 1987 when she was single,any thoughts on what else to do,should I call back?

You're wife is only Platinum if Carnval recognizes her previous 9 cruises...........It doesn't really sound like she qualifies................but if she does.......you will BOTH get the embark as Platinum passengers......but that's about it..............If she needs to go to the Pursers office she can go to the platinum line......

BUT.......You're on a cruise...........there is nothing better........so just sit back and enjoy...............Sister and I have been on 16 and we're still baby cruisers........but we love it.................

You're wife is only Platinum if Carnval recognizes her previous 9 cruises...........It doesn't really sound like she qualifies................but if she does.......you will BOTH get the embark as Platinum passengers......but that's about it..............If she needs to go to the Pursers office she can go to the platinum line......

Not true if they qualify as platinum they will get VIP embarkation and debarkation. Free wash and fold, priority tendering, VIP line at the pursers desk, a Carnival emblem gift, and desserts in their cabins, platinum stationary, free slot/21 tournament.... and I'm sure I am missing something else:p

If her other 2 cruises weren't recognized by Carnival does she have anything to prove she was on those cruises? People have gotten them counted using copies of tickets or invoices, embarkation photos or their sail & sign cards. If she has any of that, you can ask them to reconsider and count her cruises.

Good luck!

Booked the Fascination today asked about Platinum status for my wife,this would be her 10th carnival cruise,was told they can look back only so far,they did have our first cruise together in 1990.I believe her other 2 were in 1986 and 1987 when she was single,any thoughts on what else to do,should I call back?

She won't be Platinum unless Carnival has a record of ALL her previous cruises. For those they don't have on file, she can get credit for them by finding proof she cruised.

They will take things like - a booking number, a photo taken upon boarding the ship, a boarding pass or copy of an Sign and Sail card,...anything that shows a date, the ship and her name.

Once you have all the information together, call or email Guest Relations and get the address where to send the info. They will research everything and update her profile....then send her a letter with the results.

Good Luck.

Yes, they are very helpful. I had to recreate my FIL's record and back in the day, they didn't always list all passengers in the same cabin, just the person who booked it, but the Carnival rep worked with me tracing his record through my MIL and we got it done.

Did your wife travel with anyone else on those cruises? Family maybe? All of those things can be used to recreate the record.

She will need to make sure ALL her cruises are listed in her Cruise History.

You can find this under her account at http://www.carnival.com

If there are cruises that need to be added.....take the following steps from Carnival:

We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

Boarding pass

Cruise documents

Sail and Sign card with your name

Sail and Sign statement

Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Attention: Renee Whitehead/Mischelle Beattie

Mailstop: MSMK-655s

Or

Fax to: 305-406-6611

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will allow us to enter your information into the database and issue you a past guest number as soon as possible.

I had to have a few cruises to my history - it's tough for them to add cruises if you don't have the exact date and ship. If you don't have this info you might be in trouble...

If you have a good TA you could ask them to take care of it and hope for the best...

I sent copies of my visa bill which showed the date and charges on my sail and sign. I think it might have shown the shiip name also. Carnival was very accomodating in adding the cruises after I sent this info.

Archived