Odd question about food on the Star

Brennbob

Does anyone know if they serve any cheese platters in the main dining rooms. I enjoy having cheeses and bread for desert rather than anything sweet.:)

I can't speak for the Star specifically, but they have had that on my other cruises. I'm like you; I love cheese!

Hi -

Just got off of her last week, they do serve cheese platters in the main dining rooms, but not every night of the week. If I remember right, it was 2 nights they served them along with the other dessert options. You can also order them from room service at a cost, however.

On both the Dawn and Pearl, there has been a cheese platter for desert. It is small, so maybe order two. I like to combine that with assorted fresh fruits from the appetizer part of the menu for desert.

In the Pearl buffet, they had a wonderful selection of cheeses and great fresh bread and cracker bread. The blue cheese, the Gorgonzola and the Caraway Havarti were really good.

Does anyone know if they serve any cheese platters in the main dining rooms. I enjoy having cheeses and bread for desert rather than anything sweet.:)

Yes, I did see it offered.

I like a selection of cheeses with a nice glass of port! Yum.....oh but the calories!!! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the replys. I will be sure to ask for them even though they are not on the menu. I just really do not eat sweets but like a lot of you like the cheese, bread and fruit. Thanks again.:D

Thank you everyone for the replys. I will be sure to ask for them even though they are not on the menu. I just really do not eat sweets but like a lot of you like the cheese, bread and fruit. Thanks again.:D

For some reason I NEVER eat desserts, unless I am on a cruise.. LOL...

I think the Pearl and the Star both had great cheese for their cheese plate and I agree with Baker, it goes so good with the fresh fruit.

Archived