Anyone use Intersol Tours in Acapulco???

Krazeniq

I will be in Acapulco in April and I was wondering if anyone has booked any independent tours through "Intersol Tours"?

I am looking at an excursion that they offer which is exclusive to their tour company (Ecological Tour that takes you to a private botanical garden, through Tres Palos Lagoon by boat, lunch at a secluded sea side restaurant food included, followed by a visit to the Sea Turtle Sanctuary where you can release a baby turtle to the sea). They pick you up at the pier and all transportation is included in the price ($70) It sounds as though they cater to cruise ship passages. They do ask for a full payment via credit card or pay pal and the refund policy states "If your ship doesn't make port for any reason your tour payment will be promptly refunded. If you need to cancel for any other reason we kindly request notice of 48 hours".

I am curious if anyone has used this tour company before and/or has any info on this tour company (or even the excursion itself) ...I want the good, the bad and the ugly :eek: All tips and opinions are welcome, please don't refrain. I usually don't book excursions independently because I am such a scaredy cat...lol...sad but true. Just heard so many horror stories regarding independent tour companies in Mexico and I just don't want to be the next story :( Please help. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

We used Intersol Tours in Acapulco to the shotover jet boats and the Cliff divers. Our tour guide was Marcos. We really enjoyed his company and the tours. He even took us to places not on the tour. We would use this service again and recommend their service to friends. :D

I have looked through some posts to give you some better information about Intersol Tours in Acapulco. We used them and my review is in the links below too. I can't think of any reason not to use them and a million reasons to use them. They are simply amazing and really good at what they do. They provided an amazing experience for us when were in Acapulco. They are not a little company, they were dealing with at least 100 or more clients a day when we used them and it was like an ochestra. They have buses, vans, cars and lots of people working for them and they also have an office full of busy employees. If you want to save money and have an excellent time, this is the company to use.

Below are some great comments from Cruise Critic members.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=18180710&postcount=17

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17751029&postcount=12

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17696828&postcount=160

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17478674&highlight=intersol+tours#post17478674

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17289421&highlight=intersol+tours#post17289421

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16499256&postcount=6

Thank you KistAGurl! I appreciate your response and the links :D. I have actually been in contact with Intersol Tours over the past few days and I am impressed with them and I am very excited to take their tour. I received an email from Intersol Tours that I'd like to post for everyone else to read.

"I saw a note on Cruise Critic asking about Intersol Tours. To ease your mind, we are one of the largest agencies in Acapulco. We also created the Eco Tour and other companies have tried to copy it. So much for creativity. We do a large volume of business with other travel agencies in the USA and Canada who book excursions for 30 - 100 clients usually. We have large commercial buses, vans and have all of the experience needed to deliver an excursion second to none. Intersol Tours is a full service travel agency serving the needs of travel clients since 1994. We are fully staffed, federally licensed and insured. No one can offer you better service."

Krazenik,

I work for a travel agency in Canada and we recently took a group of 40 on a Panama Canal cruise that started in Acapulco. We used Intersol for 2 days. They met us at the airport, handled our luggage, took us to our hotel and the next day they showed us around town with lunch and cliff divers. They provided us with french speaking guides (a last minute request!!)

They were very reliable and my entire group had a blast!!!

we will use them again, without hesitation, when in Acapulco!

Have a great time!

Julie

Thank you Julie I appreciate the response :) I'm glad you had such a great time on your excursion...it makes me anxious now to experience it for myself :p I have heard so many positive things about Intersol Tours and they have been very nice to work with thus far. I am feeling pretty confident with booking my excursion through them ... thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, it is greatly appreciated! :D

Thank you Julie I appreciate the response :) I'm glad you had such a great time on your excursion...it makes me anxious now to experience it for myself :p I have heard so many positive things about Intersol Tours and they have been very nice to work with thus far. I am feeling pretty confident with booking my excursion through them ... thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, it is greatly appreciated! :D

I am also looking a this tour for December. Please post a review when you get back and if you decide to take this tour as I cannot find very much about it. Thanks

I am also looking a this tour for December. Please post a review when you get back and if you decide to take this tour as I cannot find very much about it. Thanks

Will do C-leg5. Check back on this post at the end of May, I will let you know everything about it :D

We booked our tour through Intersol Tours in October on the spirit We were so..... excited we had never been to Aca. and were looking forward to seeing this special place everyone has heard about since for ever. Well we were very disappointed, I guess we were the exception. Our tour guide did NOT speak english. We just felt cheated, it was so hard to figure out what he was saying we could not get any of the history, or what we were suppose to see. The only thing that was some what fun was the Shot over jets. He took us to several shopping spots, but we didn't buy anything, so I guess that was a clue. So all in all if I were to do it again, I would do a beach thing, or the Fort tour. Like I said I guess we were the exception, there are always some, but to spend 2 grand for a cruise, it was alittle disppointing, and we have been on 6 cruises, and have never felt this disappointed. So be ware:mad:

• 2 months later...

Hi C-leg5!

I'm sorry to report that we did not do the Eco Tour in Acapulco. One day into our cruise they canceled all of our Mexican ports due to the swine flu out break :( I must warn you though, Intersol Tours requires you to pay in advance and although they have a "No Port No Pay" policy clearly stated on their web page, unfortunately they DO NOT honor it. There was a group of 10 of us CC'ers who booked this tour with Intersol and we have been trying to get ahold of them for a refund for weeks now and they will not respond so we had no other choice but to dispute it with our credit card companies :mad: So please just be advised, I wouldn't want you to be stuck in a similar situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi C-leg5!

I'm sorry to report that we did not do the Eco Tour in Acapulco. One day into our cruise they canceled all of our Mexican ports due to the swine flu out break :( I must warn you though, Intersol Tours requires you to pay in advance and although they have a "No Port No Pay" policy clearly stated on their web page, unfortunately they DO NOT honor it. There was a group of 10 of us CC'ers who booked this tour with Intersol and we have been trying to get ahold of them for a refund for weeks now and they will not respond so we had no other choice but to dispute it with our credit card companies :mad: So please just be advised, I wouldn't want you to be stuck in a similar situation.

Thank you for remembering to get back to me. I am sorry to hear about your problems and appreciate your report. Unfortunately you do not seem to be alone. There are similar reports about vendors on the Cozumel board. I guess several tour operators ran into difiiculties with all the cancellations. One would like to hope it is just a matter of time and I hope you get the refund resolved.

Thank you for remembering to get back to me. I am sorry to hear about your problems and appreciate your report. Unfortunately you do not seem to be alone. There are similar reports about vendors on the Cozumel board. I guess several tour operators ran into difiiculties with all the cancellations. One would like to hope it is just a matter of time and I hope you get the refund resolved.

Thank you C-leg5, I appreciate the hopeful thoughts but unfortunately I still have not heard anything from Intersol so I had no choice but to dispute it with the credit card company. They immediately gave me a credit back on my card and they are now taking it up with Intersol.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be in Acapulco in April and I was wondering if anyone has booked any independent tours through "Intersol Tours"?

I am looking at an excursion that they offer which is exclusive to their tour company (Ecological Tour that takes you to a private botanical garden, through Tres Palos Lagoon by boat, lunch at a secluded sea side restaurant food included, followed by a visit to the Sea Turtle Sanctuary where you can release a baby turtle to the sea). They pick you up at the pier and all transportation is included in the price ($70) It sounds as though they cater to cruise ship passages. They do ask for a full payment via credit card or pay pal and the refund policy states "If your ship doesn't make port for any reason your tour payment will be promptly refunded. If you need to cancel for any other reason we kindly request notice of 48 hours".

I am curious if anyone has used this tour company before and/or has any info on this tour company (or even the excursion itself) ...I want the good, the bad and the ugly :eek: All tips and opinions are welcome, please don't refrain. I usually don't book excursions independently because I am such a scaredy cat...lol...sad but true. Just heard so many horror stories regarding independent tour companies in Mexico and I just don't want to be the next story :( Please help. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Our cruise canceled all of our Mexican ports due to the swine flu outbreak; We´ve been trying for months getting a refund from Intersol with no reaction, no reply, no response!!!! Intersol Tours requires you to pay in advance and even though they clearly specify a “no port no pay” policy the simply do not honor it. So be advised.

Archived