Scenic Barbados Tours (NOT Cameron Reid Tours)

lotro

It was a very nice tour.

Just home last night and I'm braindead. I can't remember our driver's name.

There was just DD & I, and another couple.

Caves were great; nice island tour; one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen at Rockley. Yellow flags were out, so we didn't venture in too far, but could've just kept walking. Astounding aqua-color to the water.

Had a great day there.

• 2 months later...

We booked the Harrison's Cave, East Coast and Beach Stop excursion with Edwin Lovell from Scenic Barbados Tours. We toured with them on July 8, 2009.

Our family of 5, were the only ones on this tour, so we had the van all to ourselves. Our driver and guide was Andy and our first stop was Harrison’s Cave.

Entrance to Harrison’s Cave

IMG_0332.jpg

Andy picked up our tickets and then we had to wait approx. 15 minutes for our tour to begin. After watching a 10-minute media presentation explaining the formation of the caves, we boarded a tram to begin our 40 minute journey into the caves.

CarnivalVictoryCruise617.jpg

Harrison’s Cave is a massive limestone cavern with streams and pools of cool water running through it.

A couple times the tram stopped, so we could get out and look around.

and yes. . .you do get dripped on!

CarnivalVictoryCruise624.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

During this tour, we descended 160 feet into the cave and saw many interesting stalactite and stalagmite formations.

The Altar

IMG_0327.jpg

Our guide pointed out the early explorers’ entrance and showed us areas where the explorers literally had to crawl on their stomachs to get through! To help us understand what the explorers had to deal with, the guide turned off all the lights. Everything became “pitch-black.” The cave was so black and so ominously dark, that you couldn’t even see your hand in front of your face! If you think being in utter darkness is bad enough, the explorers also had to deal with scorpions and spiders too!

Harrison’s Cave is an awesome and interesting cavern to visit. When we visited, the cave facilities were undergoing renovations. Andy told us that Harrison’s Cave would be closing the following week for 6 months, until its redevelopment project is completed. We visited Harrison’s Cave just in time!

continues

From the caves we made our way to the rugged, Atlantic East Coast. We passed the Scotland District before arriving at picturesque Bathsheba.

Andy made a stop at the top of a hill and gave us as much as time as we needed to take photo’s.

Breathtaking Bathsheba—can you spot the little house on the rock?

IMG_0335.jpg

From this stop we were able to snap a picture with a little green monkey. Of course a tip was required.

Our guide, Andy tried to pet the monkey but it bit him!

IMG_0337.jpg

We asked Andy if we could go down to Bathsheba Beach.

He accommodated and again gave us as much time as we wanted to explore the large rock formations that Bathsheba is so famous for.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

continues

From Bathsheba, we traveled to St. John’s Parish Church, constructed in 1836.

It sits on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic East Coast.

St. John’s Parish Church

IMG_0354.jpg

. . .that’s the van we toured in!

We walked inside the church as well as through the old cementary.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

The view from St. John's Parish Church

IMG_0352.jpg

continues

Our next stop was beautiful Rockley Beach (also known as Accra Beach), located on the South Coast of the island. Although the tour description from Edwin Lovell mentioned that drinks and rum punch would be served at the beach stop—they weren’t. No refreshments were served at all!

Rockley Beach—powdery, pinkish-colored sand and gorgeous, turquoise-colored water

IMG_0359.jpg

We enjoyed the warm, turquoise-colored ocean water and especially liked the moderate-sized waves! This made playing in the ocean a lot of fun!

IMG_0362.jpg

There is a boardwalk at the far right side of the beach. DH and I walked down it a little way.

Presently it is about 1 mile in length and is still being extended.

Rockley Beach from the Boardwalk

IMG_0368.jpg

Another view of Rockley Beach

IMG_0357.jpg

We stayed 1 hour at the beach. We had the option to stay longer if we wanted too, but the boys were getting hungry and wanted to go back to the ship.

After a brief driving tour of Bridgetown, we arrived back at the cruise terminal at 3:00 pm.

Payment was not required until the end of the tour.

The boys with Andy from Scenic Barbados Tours

IMG_0379.jpg

cz

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Cruise Tour with Edwin Lowell on 8/5. We wanted to do the caves but unfortunately the caves already closed for renovations at our arrival.

We were the only ones taking the tour so we had the van only for ourselves (3). Our driver was Andy and we had an wonderful time. We started the tour driving up on the west coast. Stopped at St james church in Holetown. Then up to Speightown and accross the island thorugh Cherry Tree hill where we had a photo stop. We even saw the St Nicholas Abbey as a ride through. After that we drove south on the east coast and stopped in Bethseba and at St John's church.

The only problem was the weather since it started to rain during our stop at St John's church. So we drove toward Accra in full torrential rain and had to see the Gun Hill signal station and the lion from the car. But the rain stopped until we arrived at Accra and we ended up having beach time after all.

At the end we even had an hour to spare and take a stroll through Bridgetown.

For $30/pp is well worth it.

Although I had to provide my CC number when I booked (I booked on-line before the cruise), my CC was charged only the day after we took the toor.

We booked a tour with Edwin Lovell from Scenic Barbados Tours for this upcoming July.

Here is his website address:

http://www.scenicbarbadostours.net/

This is his email address:

info@scenicbarbadostours.net

From our experience he responded back to our inquiries anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days.

Could you drop me an e mail ,on how you enjoyed your tour in Barbados..Will be there in Jan 2010

Whyme71842@aol.com

Could you drop me an e mail ,on how you enjoyed your tour in Barbados..Will be there in Jan 2010

Whyme71842@aol.com

I recently posted our pictorial review of our tour with Scenic Barbados tour. It just a few posts back. That explains our day with them. If you have any other questions about it, just ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WE had a nice, leisurely tour of Barbados with Edwin Loving. The highlights included the St. Johns Parish Church, Bathsheba, and then a couple of hours at a hotel (passes provided) on the beach. It was time well spent for about 4-5 hours, and I recommend the tour.

Does anybody have an experience with the 100% Barbados tour offered by Barbados Scenic Tours?

The price is 60 USD according to their website and it's 5 hours.

I am mainly interessted because it says you also get to swim with the turtels, but its not clearly mentioned how (by boat or from the beach)....

If anybody can share his experience that would be great. Thanks.

Depends on which tour you intend to book:

- there is a 4 hour tour (2 hrs island Tour & 2hrs At Accra Beach)

- and there is a 5 hour tour (island Tour, Beach time and glas bottom boat ride to swim with turtels)

According to their website tours start at 9.30 or 10.00 AM....

So it depends on your ships departure how much time is left to explore Bridgetown on your own....

vickykay: We took the "4" hour tour and it took all day. I don't know if it's because we had so many people on our bus or what. We were picked up around 9:30 and we didn't get back until around 4:00, so we had just a short time to shop at the pier shops.

• 4 weeks later...

We booked with ScenicBarbados Tours and had a fantastic time with Edwin Lovell on Jan 20th. There were 4 others besides us and he was very accommodating when asked to stop for photo ops. Very knowledgeable about the island. We met just outside the port at the designated time as agreed via email. 4 of us was from the Carnival Victory, the other couple from Celebrity ship. Edwin waited 20 min for another group from Celebrity to show up and then out of courtesy to us said he couldn't keep holding up the tour and off we went. 20 min into the tour he received a call from his contact that the other group was upset he had not waited, even though they were 30 min. late and he apologized to the people, but said he could not let us down by holding up the tour. We had a great time, stopping at a local bar in Bathsheba for rum punch or drink of our choice which is included as part of the tour cost. We then went to the beach located behind the Coconut hotel where we were allowed to use their changing rm/restrm accomodations.

Not sure why the others were late as the one couple from Celebrity said they docked 1 hr. before the Victory, Edwin lost $$, but at the same time he didn't want us to feel rushed. I would definitely recommend him as a private tour if you are looking for a land/beach tour at a very reasonable rate of $30 pp. We did not pay until after the tour was completed.

We booked with ScenicBarbados Tours and had a fantastic time with Edwin Lovell on Jan 20th. There were 4 others besides us and he was very accommodating when asked to stop for photo ops. Very knowledgeable about the island. We met just outside the port at the designated time as agreed via email. 4 of us was from the Carnival Victory, the other couple from Celebrity ship. Edwin waited 20 min for another group from Celebrity to show up and then out of courtesy to us said he couldn't keep holding up the tour and off we went. 20 min into the tour he received a call from his contact that the other group was upset he had not waited, even though they were 30 min. late and he apologized to the people, but said he could not let us down by holding up the tour. We had a great time, stopping at a local bar in Bathsheba for rum punch or drink of our choice which is included as part of the tour cost. We then went to the beach located behind the Coconut hotel where we were allowed to use their changing rm/restrm accomodations.

Not sure why the others were late as the one couple from Celebrity said they docked 1 hr. before the Victory, Edwin lost $$, but at the same time he didn't want us to feel rushed. I would definitely recommend him as a private tour if you are looking for a land/beach tour at a very reasonable rate of $30 pp. We did not pay until after the tour was completed.

Please let me know how I can contact Edwin Lovell to arrange a tour.

Thanks in advance

Deb

Please let me know how I can contact Edwin Lovell to arrange a tour.

Thanks in advance

Deb

We booked with Scenic Barbados Tours and toured with them in July.

Here is Edwin Lovell's website address:

From our experience he responded back to our inquiries anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days.

anyone knows a tour that offer:

-island tour

-shopping

-lunch (i wont a get flying fish)

-beach

?

scenic barbados tour is looking good but it;s 10:00 to 14:00

tour and beach. But that without having lunch.

I dont like beying at the beach with an empty stomach.

Maybe grabe a cab?

Thank you all in advance

Francois

• 1 month later...

On March 5th I booked a reservation online using my credit card. To date I have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation of this booking. So I called the cell no. from the website, and sent an e-mail message, hoping to receive an e-mail confirmation. I will let you know if it comes through

We booked with Scenic Barbados Tours and toured with them in July.

Here is Edwin Lovell's website address:

I'm happy to report that I just got an e-mail confirmation of our tour reservation from Edwin Lovell so we're rolling

On March 5th I booked a reservation online using my credit card. To date I have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation of this booking. So I called the cell no. from the website, and sent an e-mail message, hoping to receive an e-mail confirmation. I will let you know if it comes through

On posts #32-35, I posted my review with photos--now for those of you who wish to see more photos and video clips of our day with

Scenic Barbados Tours. . .here is your chance!

Carnival Victory—Our Day in Barbados with Scenic Barbados Tours, July 8, 2009

Our third port stop took us to the beautiful Island of Barbados. With Andy, from Scenic Barbados Tours as our guide, we visited such sites as Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba (located on the rugged east coast side of the island), St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. Length 4:06

On posts #32-35, I posted my review with photos--now for those of you who wish to see more photos and video clips of our day with

Our third port stop took us to the beautiful Island of Barbados. With Andy, from Scenic Barbados Tours as our guide, we visited such sites as Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba (located on the rugged east coast side of the island), St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. Length 4:06

I've sat here for a few hours looking at your videos. Wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing with us. I've truly enjoyed them.

Archived