Beds Question

aerojommel

The cabin steward will do this for you. But you're not going to get a true king size bed on most ships. It's closer to queen size. They push the two twins together, put the appropriate linen on the bed and there you have it.

When you book your cruise of course request the beds pushed together. As soon as you get in your room, if it's not done ,call housekeeping immediatley and they will make the new arrangement for you while you are having lunch. Not a big deal.

the beds pulled together arent even close to a king...they seem smaller than a queen too...just so our expectations are in order;)

I also believe they're smaller than a queen - I know they're shorter. My DH hangs over the end of the bed, but he doesn't mind so no worries. The two pushed together are probably large enough to be comfortable for most.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are both larger folks - and we sleep in a king at home. I also have very specific sleep needs (read princess) and have to have my pillows certain ways, etc. The bed isn't as big as a king, but I sleep better on these super comfy cruise beds than anywhere else honestly. It may be a combination of the motion and the outdoor air - but for someone who wakes up nearly hourly all night to sleep 8 - 12 hours soundly and very very happily....you know it's comfy.

If on a Princess ship you can ask for an eggcrate than goes on top of the matress and eliminates the crack between the 2 beds entirely.

You can also request this on Royal Caribbean.

I thought the bed was hard as a rock and slept next to none the first night of our cruise. It was much better after requesting the foam topper, although I wasn't completely unhappy to be home in my own comfy bed!

My husband and I sleep on the same bed we started out with, 40 years ago...an old fashioned double bed, cast iron frame. And sharing our bed are four obese housecats...so anything larger than a double seems huge to us, and the first night we go to bed in one of these pushed together beds...or in a "queen" in a hotel room...we find ourselves stretching across "the great abyss", looking for each other.. :D

The beds on the Jewel -- two twins pushed together -- seemed quite spacious for us, and very very comfortable.

Archived