Is this okay for casual dinner?

Tisha49

For casual dinner, I know there is a no-short rule, and that's fine. However, I have a pair of fancy white pedal pushers that come right about the knee and are cuffed and look really sexy. I wear them with high white heals and a very fancy top. It doesn't look "short-casual" at all....quite stylish with jewerly, etc. Will this be accepable ?

I am certainly no fashion "guru" and haven't even been on a cruise yet, but the thought that comes to mind is all in how you accessorize any outfit. Nice black jeans and a sweater is still jeans and a sweater, but add heels, a necklace, maybe some earing, and voila!! Dressed up, so, I would think that your outfit would be really nice. I am not planning on taking any good jewelry, but the things I need to make something that would otherwise be "everyday" and plain, look a little bit more dressy will be in my suitcase. Just my opinion.

This could also depend on what ship you will be sailing on. Some are more casual than others. I too have a pair of white shorts, cuffed knee length with a small blue pin stripe in a silky type fabrics. I wear them with a sling back heel and I love the look. Myself though I wear them for lunch in the ships resturant, not for dinner.

I think it's great and appropriate.

I think the "no shorts" rule means beach type wear. Your shorts are the length of some skirts. Worn as you decribed sounds wonderful.

Krogerlady is right...with the "right" accessories you can turn something casual into something very chic...

For casual dinner, I know there is a no-short rule, and that's fine. However, I have a pair of fancy white pedal pushers that come right about the knee and are cuffed and look really sexy. I wear them with high white heals and a very fancy top. It doesn't look "short-casual" at all....quite stylish with jewerly, etc. Will this be accepable ?

You are sailing on Royal Caribbean........casual is casual.......capris, nice jeans, sandals etc........

Archived