Galapagos w/Celebrity Sea Sickness ???

lilmiss

Hi...my familiy is thinking about a cruise with Celebrity Expedition to the islands of Galapagos. The problem is one of us is afraid of getting seasick...he saw the picture of the small ship and froze in shock.

How are your experiences ??? Do we have to expect rough seas at all times ???? Thank you.

Hi...my familiy is thinking about a cruise with Celebrity Expedition to the islands of Galapagos. The problem is one of us is afraid of getting seasick...he saw the picture of the small ship and froze in shock.

How are your experiences ??? Do we have to expect rough seas at all times ???? Thank you.

When I was on the ship the end of October there was movement. But I wouldn't call it rough. I didn't talk to anyone that was sea sick.

We went last September, and it was a vacation highlight for my family, including my two daughters in their twenties. I am prone to sea sickness, but did not get sea sick, nor did anyone else I heard of. Don't miss this trip, as I think it will be harder to see all the animals the longer you wait.

Gay

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read about the Xpedition, all your excursions are included and you sign up for easy or difficult. Are there any scuba diving opportunities!! Would not work if we could not dive while we were there.

Thanks,

Kim

From what I have read about the Xpedition, all your excursions are included and you sign up for easy or difficult. Are there any scuba diving opportunities!! Would not work if we could not dive while we were there.

Thanks,

Kim

We had scuba divers when we went. They made special arrangements for the small group that wanted to do that. Otherwise, lots of snorkel opportunities included in the everyday stuff. The only extra costs for the cruise was spa and scuba diving. All drinks included, too.

Gay

• 3 months later...
We had scuba divers when we went. They made special arrangements for the small group that wanted to do that. Otherwise, lots of snorkel opportunities included in the everyday stuff. The only extra costs for the cruise was spa and scuba diving. All drinks included, too.

Gay

We are sscheduled for this cruise this fall...I am curious about airlines...which did you use/

We went in May 2005. Seasickness was not generally a problem, but one evening was rough. My traveling companion was sick, and it was one of the few times that I have used the prescription seasickness meds. It was rougher than my cruise on Azamara around Cape Horn. It's a great trip and well worth the risk of a little queasiness.

We were on a much smaller ship than the Expedition and there were some rough patches. i did take sea sickness pills and was fine. Galapagos is worth it!

Smaller ships can go to the best places like Genovesa island which has Red Footed Boobies. We ent on Ecoventura's MV Letty.

Archived