Marriott hotels in Rome

We are planning to use Marriott points in Rome in November after our cruise. Which of the two would be the most convenient: The Grand Flora on Via Venetto or the Marriott City Center? Thank you.
We stayed at the Grand Flora on our last trip and found it to be very convenient and very good service. It is a lovely quiet area which is a nice respite from all the hustle and bustle of the day. Unfortunately, it wasn't available for points for the nights we plan to go this May, so we have had to make other arrangements.

Hi floridafolks - Question please. We have reservations at the Marriott Grand Flora Rome for an upcoming pre-cruise stay with breakfast included. The hotel website indicates that dining in both reastaurants is "Dress Formal". Can that be? What does that hotel call Dress Formal? When you were there - what did you observe? BTW - is there a room preference for best floors, views, etc? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. SeaFish

Hi floridafolks - Question please. We have reservations at the Marriott Grand Flora Rome for an upcoming pre-cruise stay with breakfast included. The hotel website indicates that dining in both reastaurants is "Dress Formal". Can that be? What does that hotel call Dress Formal? When you were there - what did you observe? BTW - is there a room preference for best floors, views, etc? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. SeaFish

We only had the breakfast in the hotel, so I can't comment about the "dress formal" for dinner. We are usually in Rome on business and took advice from the Italians as to where to go for dinner. As far as suggestions for the room-- Since the hotel is right on Via Veneto, the rooms oon the street side can get a little noisy in the morning if they are doing any type of construction on the roads or sidewalks. It really did not bother us much as we are early risers, but if you want to sleep in then you might not want a room on the streetside. However, the view out on Via Veneto is very pretty with all the little lights in the trees that line the street.

I still feel it is a nice location. It is right to the south of the park with the Borghese Museum. Many of the nice hotels and restaurants are in that area. I walked everywhere- I took a metro to the Vatican from the spanish steps area but I ended up walking all the way back from the Vatican to the hotel--there was just so much to see on the way. As I said it is a quiet respite at the end of the day.

floridafolks - Thanks for your reply. You mentioned that "you only had breakfast in the hotel". Did you go casual dress for breakfast? How were other dressed?

As I mentioned - the hotel website says "Formal Dress" for both Breakfast in the Alianto Roof Terrace and the main Cabiria dining room. But - I can't imagine they reguire a jacket/tie - much less Formal Dress for either of these restaurants. Understand about the possible AM noise on the Via Veneto side ... thank you. We're early people - so should not be a problem. Yes - we selected the Marriott Grand Flora mainly for location and a 4 Star Property. It's out of the center city clamor, close to transportation and within walking distance to a number of sites. The HOHO stop is right there - with the metro/terminal close by that makes this location even more accessible to all that we want to see & do.

Is there anything we should be aware of regarding a stay at the Marriott that we should know before we go - any surprises? Thanks very much for your help - SeaFish

We only had the breakfast in the hotel, so I can't comment about the "dress formal" for dinner. We are usually in Rome on business and took advice from the Italians as to where to go for dinner. As far as suggestions for the room-- Since the hotel is right on Via Veneto, the rooms oon the street side can get a little noisy in the morning if they are doing any type of construction on the roads or sidewalks. It really did not bother us much as we are early risers, but if you want to sleep in then you might not want a room on the streetside. However, the view out on Via Veneto is very pretty with all the little lights in the trees that line the street.

I still feel it is a nice location. It is right to the south of the park with the Borghese Museum. Many of the nice hotels and restaurants are in that area. I walked everywhere- I took a metro to the Vatican from the spanish steps area but I ended up walking all the way back from the Vatican to the hotel--there was just so much to see on the way. As I said it is a quiet respite at the end of the day.

Hi

We will be @ Grand Flora in June. Any information regarding restaurants in the area,sightseeing etc would be greatly appreciated

Carole

I recommend any hotel on the via venetto

we personally stay at the westin, but have visited the grand flora

the city is great, and magnificent, and is amazing to just explore. We get so lost every time we go around the city, but it is great! We never eat at the hotels, instead we eat at the little cafes on the sidewalk, and just go around some corners until we find a great place for dinner. Since we're from the east coast of the US, the time difference is alot for us, so we dont usually wake up for breakfast the first couple of days in rome. haha!

But the dress in most restaurants is usually more on the formal side, but any of the street side cafes[which are open very very late for a nice snack when you cant sleep!] will talk you in whatever clothes you are wearing. They are very nice, and we have not encountered any dress problems.

I recommend any hotel on the via venetto

we personally stay at the westin, but have visited the grand flora

the city is great, and magnificent, and is amazing to just explore. We get so lost every time we go around the city, but it is great! We never eat at the hotels, instead we eat at the little cafes on the sidewalk, and just go around some corners until we find a great place for dinner. Since we're from the east coast of the US, the time difference is alot for us, so we dont usually wake up for breakfast the first couple of days in rome. haha!

But the dress in most restaurants is usually more on the formal side, but any of the street side cafes[which are open very very late for a nice snack when you cant sleep!] will talk you in whatever clothes you are wearing. They are very nice, and we have not encountered any dress problems.

Thanks,

Friends & I have been in Rome many times my DH hasn't so we will be doing very tourtisty things. We are from NY and usually dress on the "up" side. Just curious if you had a favorite for dinner or a special place (to do,do etc) when in Rome

Many thanks

Carole

Just as a FYI follow-up on the Rome Marriott hotels restaurant dress code. I checked directly with Marriott and was told that thier website is incorrect ... will be corrected ... and that dress for both Rome hotel restaurants is "dress casual". That makes more sense. SeaFish

Archived