Golf cart or scooter rental in Costa Maya?

tampafish

We did the golf cart thing and it was fine. One road in/out to take. We drove to the 'fishing village' and road back, stopping at a few shops/bars on the way back. Can't get lost. We felt more than safe. Very rundown due to the hurricane but nice people.

Been to Costa Maya several times. Our favorite laid back port.

Now, can I go to town and walk around and enjoy the beach, food and drink for a $10 r/t cab ride for 2 that takes 10 minutes each way, or spend $60 - $75 for an underpowered golf cart? I take the cab each time.

However, if on Isla Mujeres, golf cart all the way -- but get the good ones. :D

You answered my question. We were on Isla Mujeres couple of years ago, rented GC for $40 for the day. We circled the whole Island, had a blast. I was wondering about the comparison.. It doesn't appear to be the same from what I've read. I think we will use the taxi and walk. If anyone goes to Isla, definetly rent a golf cart, rember to BARTER!!

You answered my question. We were on Isla Mujeres couple of years ago, rented GC for $40 for the day. We circled the whole Island, had a blast. I was wondering about the comparison.. It doesn't appear to be the same from what I've read. I think we will use the taxi and walk. If anyone goes to Isla, definetly rent a golf cart, rember to BARTER!!

Enjoy your day. Pick a spot on the beach. Most will be in front of a restaurant. Enjoy some food and beverage and the calm blue waters. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I was really looking forward to going to belize but, that has changed and by the threads i'm reading i am glad it did!!! Excite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why didn't you go to Belize? I had heard there were problems, but we are already scheduled to go to Costa Maya, so would they replace it with something else?

Why didn't you go to Belize? I had heard there were problems, but we are already scheduled to go to Costa Maya, so would they replace it with something else?

There were tender issues in Belize between Belize and Carnival. Carnival substituted CM for Belize. For us, Costa Maya was a pleasant change. Been there 4 times and are looking forward to 5 and 6. Very relaxing and laid back day at the beach in Majuhual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We just got back from Costa Maya, rented a golf cart for $35.00 for three hours... drove a round, stopped where we wanted, hung out at the beach... it was fun, and we felt very safe!

Did you reserve ahead of time? Who did you use? $75 seems steep but $35 sounds very reasonable.

• 2 years later...
Thanks! I was able to find an operator that would let me reserve one via e-mail. The $75/day includes access to a hotel beach and some water equipment (not bad!)

Now I need to find maps so we don't get lost and miss our boat.

Hello,

We are going to Costa Maya with our cruise in Dec. 2013. I would appreciate it greatly if you could share the name of the company with me. An e-mail would be fine. Thanks

• 6 months later...
We just got back from Costa Maya, rented a golf cart for $35.00 for three hours... drove a round, stopped where we wanted, hung out at the beach... it was fun, and we felt very safe!

We are looking for a 3 - 4 hr rental, where did you find this one?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

We made our reservations from home before we arrived in Costa Maya. We made a $10 deposit to reserve the golf cart. The golf carts are located right outside the terminal. There is not a lot to do in Costa Maya. We drove out golf cart to the village nearby and stopped at the restaurant that is associated with the golf carts. We also rode outside the village but the dirt roads were full of water. It was funny because all the water caused the golf cart to stall on several occasions. Once the golf cart stalled, we would have to push it out of the puddle and dry a bit. After a bit though, it would start up again and we would be on our way.