Mariner Spa Prices

lkakers

On Voyager, they are about twice what I would pay at the salon I go to on land. I would suspect Mariner is about the same. So, about $40 for a manicure, $90 for a pedicure, $120-$150 for massage or facial. (This is all from last year.)

Thanks! I appreciate having a general expectation of prices so I can start making some decisions.

Now, did you (or anyone else out there) use any of the spa services? If so, were you satisfied? Even with the higher prices (which, on a luxury cruise ship is not unexpected), would you consider it a decent value?

On our most recent Voyager cruise, I did not use the spa. It was very port intensive, and just no time. My husband threw his back out on the flight over however, and the 2 massages he had were what kept him going. So he was very happy, despite the cost.

I have had a manicure aboard before--would not do again. I can do as well myself.

The facials and massages I have had in the past have been pretty good, not outstanding. But I would probably do again if I had onboard credit to use up. One good thing is that they don't try to sell you a bunch of products.

I agree with Rachel to an extent..... while getting a massage they don't try to sell you a bunch of products (lotions, etc.) like I have found other mainstream cruises to do. However, I sent my DH in for a scalp treatment and believe me he dropped a few hundred on the various products that they "recommended" for him.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they ever run spa specials during the cruise? Last time we were on Wind Star, they had some deal like 2 services for $50 or $75 and you could choose from a pedicure, manicure, haircut, facial and a 15- or 20ish-minute massage and/or maybe some other similar services.

My hubby and I took advantage -- he got a pedi & a massage (yes, he loves pedis! mostly for the hot soak and the foot/leg massage). I got a pedi and a facial. I was really happy with the pedi, but it was my first facial and I'm not sure I'd do that again... but it was nice to get the first one as part of a discount!

I agree with you, though, about manis – they just don’t seem like a good deal; mine always chip within the first day, but a pedi can last a few weeks!

Nice to hear they don't push products. Though it sounds like I'll have to keep an eye on DH... :D

A spa visit, for me, is a real treat. But at those prices, I try to do it at home before I leave instead of on the ship. Although I will spring for a manicure or pedicure sometimes, just for the luxury. The quality of the mani/pedi's that I have had is very high.

Archived