Nile Cruise with Ms Giselle or Ms Medea need opinion.

lianaks

Hi, I will travel to Eqypt on a tour with Trafalga and include sail throught Nile River either on Ms Giselle or Ms Medea for 4 nights.

Need suggestion which deck should I choose to tay on, it only have 3 deck. And any suggestions about the Nile River Cruise would be appreciated.

LS.

We were on the Giselle in 2007. There is no elevator--would not pick a cabin on the third deck. The dining room is downstairs from reception--food was good except for their candlelite dinner. Steak and fish were awful. There was a Trafalgar on the boat with us. Each group had their own tour director and did their own thing. The boat is owned by Egypt Hotels, has a total male crew. Our cabin was quite spacious--bathroom very small. Egypt is mesmerizing. Pat

pcmom,

Good to know that the ship does not have elevator, I will request to get the main level. It will be hard to drag the suitcase up the stair way.

Did you took the light show in Luxor or Aswan, is it good? We will do the Abu Samel trip at the end of the cruise. Thank you for the respond.

LS.

Don't worry about dragging suitcases. They will be delivered to your cabin. Yes, we went to the laser light show. Interesting to see the pyramids lite up and here the history.

We lived in northern VA for 11 years--have been out here in Ohio for 20.

The Nile is wonderful. The river vendors at the lock are a hoot. One of our group was resting in his cabin with the window open. The next he knew, there were "things" coming thru the window. Many interesting experiences. It truly is a trip of a lifetime---would do it again. Pat

Thank you pacmom,

I am looking forward to this trip for many years, I keep postpone it due to security in that part of the world and then realized that it won't be peace anytime soon, so here I come.

I have travel to many parts of the world (Russia, China, Alaska, South America, Southeast Asia, Europe etc.), so far Russia (St. Peters burg) is the most amazing place in term of Palaces I have ever seen it is so rich and opulent. I can't wait to see the Pyramid, tombs and statues in Egypt I have a feeling that Egypt will top all the places I have been.

In term of languages you said they deliver to the room, do they do it like on Cruises, deliver and pickup the last day of cruise?

LS.

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking on booking a Nile Cruise for June(short notice,my sisters 50th and decided a good suprise)

Any tips anyone can give --She (my sister has hinted @ a week on Nile and a week in El Gouna)

I have noticed on some TA sites that meals are not allways included ?? (cruised med/caribbean-and am asuiming a smaller vessel -but same/simialr package) But am I reading wrong --Food is extra -Tea and coffee is not in rooms and everyone has to be tipped for everything??

(we have been to Egypt before --I understand their tipping policy . but I still only tip for GOoD service provided --not because its obligatory.

For cruisetimed

Hope you had a great trip in Egypt. We leave on 27th March and doing a nile cruise on 31Mar. We are on the Royal Lotus. Is this the same cruise you took. Please advise on food, service etc.

How were the cabins? Is there anything we should avoid?Any advice --please.

Is laundry available and what are the rates.

I know it is a lot of questions ---but we dont seem to get much feedback on any forum.

;)Many thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

I'm considering a trip to Egypt for next year (May or June) that includes a cruise on the Royal Lotus. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Was it necessary to get innoculations? Did anyone take an extension to Petra/ Thanks-

Vicki, before you committ to May/June please know that the temp will be at least 100 degrees in AbuSimbel or Aswan. It is the cheapest time but not the most comfortable for touring. The best times are during the late fall and winter months. We were on the Giselle, but Uniworld now owns its own boat as does GCT. We will be gone for 3 weeks, will try to answer any question when we retirn. Try posting on the Africa board on ports of call. Pat

Archived