Sailing on the Oasis 9/11/2010! But wanting a buddy to help lose before we cruise!

AlBell509

So we have a long time (over a year) till Sept. 2010. I would love to have a buddy or a group of buddies to help in this challange. Doesn't matter when you set sail, but if your looking just to have some motivation and encouragement, lets put something together on this thread to get the weight off! :rolleyes:

About me, I'm 25, overweight, and hate it! I gained alot of weight after I got married 5 years ago, hoping to get the 5 years of weight gain, off within a year. I need to lose a little over 60lbs. Depressed because of it, but with the goal of looking good (like i used to) in a bathing suit (or bikini:p) for the Oasis cruise, I'm feeling a little hopeful! Please come join me and we can do this together! I need the help!

Maybe we can do a day where we weight in, and then keep in touch (with AIM or Yahoo messanger) when we need to talk before we shove those cookies in our mouth! :D Let me know with any feedback, or thoughts!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck on your weight loss journey. You will have no problem losing 60 lbs in that period of time as long as you stay focused. I joined one of the boards on 9/6/08 and lost 51 lbs before my cruise on 2/21. Now I'm back and have to lose the "cruise gain" again plus another 10 lbs. I'm still struggling to get focused again but I'm getting there. Without the support of a group on cruise critic I wouldn't have lost the 50 lbs I did lose. One thing I found very helpful is that I track my weight daily and then set weekly and long term goals for myself. I know you aren't suppose to weigh daily but it helps me to see what foods cause me to temporarily gain weight, etc.

Marlene

Hey Allyson, we have a thread going called "waitwatchers" that has about seven people on it and we are all on weight watchers or at least following there point system. In six weeks I have lost 12 pounds! We are going to change the name of the group because of the miss spelling, but you are welcome to join us! I'll let you know our new name if you want, or jump over to it and add yourself! My next sail date is Jan 15th to Panama, and I'll never look good in a bathing suit (61 years old) but I do have to loose this roll around my tummy. I was actually thinking of donating my stomach fat and skin to a burn center. I wonder if that is possible? I figure help someone who needs it and get a free tummy tuck! Win win situation!:rolleyes:

Judi

Sorry you guys liked the name Waitwatchers, cuz they already changed it to something else. I think Weight Watchers Support thread...kinda like support hose or Spanx!! Can't live without them!!

Judi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived