Carry on wine - ok to drink in room?

crazy-dog-lady

Good morning all! I am sailing in just 2 short days and am running down my lists of things that I need to buy and pack. I am sooooo very excited!!!! Anyway, I do want to purchase 2 bottles of wine to carry on, but is it ok to open and drink the wine in our cabin? Or does it have to be taken to the dining room where they charge the $25 corkage fee? And, if we are allowed to enjoy our wine in our cabin, do we have to take our own corkscrew, or will our steward provide us with one?

Sorry for the questions, but this is our first cruise, and I want to make sure that we don't overlook any detail. Thanks!

In your cabin is fine. We were provided a corkscrew (dont remember if it was already in the cabin or provided by the cabin steward)

Corkage fee is only added when you take it to your table in the dining room and want it with your meal.

Have a great cruise, the first one is exciting!

is it ok to open and drink the wine in our cabin?

Yes.

do we have to take our own corkscrew, or will our steward provide us with one? Thanks!

You can ask your cabin stewart for one.

Have a great trip - we are also 1st time cruisers and will be sailing right after you. Just got a 15% off coupon for wine at Binnys so will be buying our wine too. Glad to hear we don't need the extra weight of a corkscrew.

I assume that glasses are also provided.

Have a great trip - we are also 1st time cruisers and will be sailing right after you. Just got a 15% off coupon for wine at Binnys so will be buying our wine too. Glad to hear we don't need the extra weight of a corkscrew.

I assume that glasses are also provided.

If glasses are not already in the room, just ask your cabin attendant. He/She will be more than happy to provide them.

Enjoy your first cruise and prepare to be hooked.:D

Anne

Your room steward will provide you with everything you need for your wine, on request. Corkscrew and wine glasses should already be in the room as their used for min-bar wine too, but if they are not there then just ask. If the wine needs to be chilled they'll also bring you a wine bucket filled with ice on request. It is a good idea to ask for these things in advance if you have a "plan" for the day or evening as they do get busy at times.

I brought my own corkscrew too. It fits easily into the side pocket of my checked bag. It's not a very expensive one but it works better than the cheap ones Celebrity has.

We preordered a few bottles of wine on Celebrity's website, so our cabin steward already had wine glasses and the Celebrity corkscrew in our cabin. He changed them out for fresh ones after we used them.

My experience may be unusual, but the security people held my one bottle of wine that was in my carryon bag before we got on the ship. The woman who took it wrote our cabin number on the label. But it did not make it to our cabin until late afternoon the second day--after I asked a couple of times at Guest Relations. It's a good thing my DH always has a banana daquiri for his sailaway drink instead of our relying on that bottle of wine.

In our concierge class cabin, there were two water glasses, two wine glasses, and two champagne glasses (you get a complimentary bottle of champagne in concierge class and it was in a bucket with ice). Our steward kept that champagne bucket full of ice as we iced down our white wines. On past cruises when we were in a regular cabin, there were the water glasses and wine glasses by the ice bucket.

We also bring our own corkscrew, just in case - it isn't that hard to throw it in our suitcase.

Archived