Canadian Cruises - best excursions?

Foffie232

I'm hoping everyone can share their favorite excursions (with RCCL or on your own) in the eastern Canadian/Maine ports of call. My husband and I are taking my parents on Jewel for 5 nights in mid-September and have never cruised anywhere other than the Bahamas/Caribbean. Something new and different! Just trying to figure out some of the best excursions out there!

Thanks!!!

Stephie :)

My husband & I flew back to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to visit my Cousin and loved the trip. Not knowing you length of stay in Halifax or ST John, but in Halifax, they have the Titanic Museum. http://www.halifaxinfo.com/heritage-culture.php

ST John, NB: http://sjnow.com/todo.htm

If you have the time, they have the Reversing Falls, where you watch either AM or afternoon, the Tides. Not actually Falls but a change in the Bay of Fundy Current.

http://www.new-brunswick.net/Saint_John/reversingfalls/reversing.html

Have a wonderful time, needs longer stay to really enjoy the area.

. . . If you have the time, they have the Reversing Falls, where you watch either AM or afternoon, the Tides. Not actually Falls but a change in the Bay of Fundy Current.

http://www.new-brunswick.net/Saint_John/reversingfalls/reversing.html

Have a wonderful time, needs longer stay to really enjoy the area.

Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia was beautiful--

We went to Halifax & St John a few years back (2000) on Carnival, but I'm sure RCCL has similar, if not the same excursions.

Depending on how adventurous you're feeling, there is also a jet boat ride at the reversing falls that was pretty wild! We got soaked even with the rain slickers they gave us to wear, but it was a great ride.

Peggys Cove was indeed a beautiful destination, although after spending a little while there it was kind of boring. You can check out the light house, walk along the rocks, or just take in the ocean scenery. The tour we took also included a lobster dinner (it was actually a late lunch) which was pretty good.

We're going back to Halifax this July on QM2 and are trying to decide what we want to do on shore this time.

Charlie if we had more time in St John we deffinately would have done the jet boat ride, but it was great standing at the scenic point and seeing that tide moving. Our mothers family is from New Brunswick so I personally enjoyed finally getting back there and seeing where they lived and meeting all my cousins for the first time.

We took the ferry back to Digby, NS before our flight home. We drove around so decided to take the ferry back.

Gay

We went to Halifax & St John a few years back (2000) on Carnival, but I'm sure RCCL has similar, if not the same excursions.

Depending on how adventurous you're feeling, there is also a jet boat ride at the reversing falls that was pretty wild! We got soaked even with the rain slickers they gave us to wear, but it was a great ride.

I agree with the reversing falls boat ride. It was really fun and one of the best excursions I have ever taken.

Also recommend the Reversing Falls Jet Boat ride. If you do decide to do it, book it directly through their website. It is about a third of the cost of the ship excursion. Very short and inexpensive cab ride from the pier. The people in St. John and Halifax were so nice.

Archived