Save my marriage

curly275

Sorry, this is a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and COzumel. Also forgot 3 pairs of shoes, dress, tennis and flip flops. White socks are for wearing with tennis shoes on excursions.

That's a LOT. When you put together the whole list, that's a LOT. If the OP thinks it is not enough, I shudder to think what SHE is taking! :eek: :D

• 3 weeks later...
PS, being on Carnival isn't necessarily some kind of "shorthand" for "lacking class and sailing in your pajamas."

It isn't????:eek:

It isn't????

Well DH and I have sailed CCL and we beg to differ with you. The majority of the fellow pax did seem to suffer from the "lacking class and sailing in their pajamas" disease. They CAME to the breakfast buffet IN THEIR PAJAMAS!!! My GOD! Have these people EVER been off of the street where they were born?!?!?!?!?

I think we will stick with Celebrity and Regent.

Just because Carnival cost less they still have lovely ships and very nice itineraries, their lower cost is no excuse for the passengers to not use their manners and common courtesy. IF they do not have any, go to a public library (read free) and read some books on manners and how to dress for success!

And of course I don't plan on taking any toiletries or cologne as I will be spending most of my time in the hot tub so there will be no need to shower.

Ewww, I know you must be joking. :D Have a great vacation!

It isn't????

Well DH and I have sailed CCL and we beg to differ with you. The majority of the fellow pax did seem to suffer from the "lacking class and sailing in their pajamas" disease. They CAME to the breakfast buffet IN THEIR PAJAMAS!!! My GOD! Have these people EVER been off of the street where they were born?!?!?!?!?

I think we will stick with Celebrity and Regent.

Just because Carnival cost less they still have lovely ships and very nice itineraries, their lower cost is no excuse for the passengers to not use their manners and common courtesy. IF they do not have any, go to a public library (read free) and read some books on manners and how to dress for success!

How do you see where you are walking with your nose pointed straight up?

How do you see where you are walking with your nose pointed straight up?

I am not stuck up! I just DO NOT think that passengers should come to breakfast in their pajamas! If they do not take the time to even comb or brush their hair what makes you think they took the time to wash their hands?! After they scratched their _____ all night do you really want them putting their hands in the same roll or bread basket you are? I do not think I am being stuck up when I expect passengers to wash the face and hands, and throw on some clothes before eating in public!

I already said that I think Carnival is a nice product, they have nice ships and nice itineraries, mostly nice crews. What is wrongs with expecting your fellow passengers to dress before going out in public? We have seen men in the buffet line in their pajamas (you may know the many men's pajamas have a fly that does not button or snap) DH and I REALLY that is more than ANYONE wants to "see" with their breakfast!

WHY AM I BEING STUCK UP?

Hey Sunny.. They scratch their ___________ On RCCL, HAL, CCL, X and the rest.. They just seem to be a little more classy when they do it..:D

(By the way, I have never seen anyone in their "PJ's" in the dining room at breakfast.. Lido, different story..)

To the OP

I agree with the 6 pr board shorts being too much.. Heck my DW ALWAYS over packs..

Heck, jeans, some t-shirts and other comfortable clothes are for me.. One suit with 2 dress shirts and a tie or two is all I need.. (Yes before anyone asks, of course the undies) Oh yeah, on the shoe thing.. Who actually looks at foot wear?? If you have something on your feet that does not glow in the dark, you should be OK.. Now be honest folks, do you really look up or down when out and about with people??

Nice thread and y'all have a great one..

Archived