backpacks for excursions

MamaParrotHead

I'm still using my Wilderness Experience backpack from college (20 years ago). The best advice is to find one that fits you comfortably by trying it out in a store. Be sure to put some things in it when trying it out.

I have a North Face small backpack that is suppose to be a bag for mountain biking. It has elastic webbing pockets on the outside for stuffing things you need often and inside compartments for things you want more secure or need less often.

I just bought a Jansport "Cirrus" Hydration backpack. NOt only does it have plenty of space for the usual stuff..it can hold up to three liters of water. You can drink from a tube that hangs down from the straps. Pretty convenient if your doing a lot of walking. It isn't overly large, which was why I got it. I dont like something too bulky. It was only $19.99 at Sam's CLub..but i am sure they have it other places. It has plenty of pockets and a roomy main zippered -in area. :)

Archived