Eurostar Train from Paris to London

archos

Can anyone suggest a website that I can use get prices on for tickets on the Eurostar. I have gone to two sites and the prices were different ...Confused as to which one to use.:confused:

The most simple: normally the cheapest. Bargains mostly with some restrictions. You must check yourself if the rules apply to your itinerary or not.

The sooner you book the better the rates.

You can have it very comfortable to use websites like

http://www.raileurope.com

These are mostly prices for most flexible demand. So price fits to all connections for overseas customers who do not care how much the price it as long as they have not to deal too deep with the system.

If you check European websites like

http://www.eurostar.com

or

http://www.tgv-europe.com

you get the bargains like the Europeans.

After brazilgirl recommended the http://www.travelocity.com I checked the prices there and was very surprised that they offer the European bargain price level but already longer than 16 weeks ahead of date of travel as in Europe sales starts 16 weeks before.

So check yourself.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We always use http://www.eurostar.com Don't know if it is the best but have always been very happy with it - good prices, easy to use and safe. Also can combine hotel bookings with train services which works out cheaper than two separate bookings. Leisure Select includes a decent meal with a good supply of wine/champagne and is more comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased 5 tickets (2 adults , 2 kids , 1 youth)-Paris to London for $338 on Travelocity. Check it out.

Kim

Lucky girl,

I waited until midnight until the sales started for the day of travel I need.

While you were lucky that you get via travelocity your discounted tickets more than 16 weeks ahead:

with my day of travel NO DISCOUNTED tickets were available - which should have been 66 EUR pp.

Wish I had the same option like you to prebook earlier than 16 weeks before day of travel.

2 one-way tickets Paris - Ashford (for Dover) are 463.50 EUR (2nd class)

2 one-way tickets Frankfurt - Heathrow are 163.00 EUR

One hotel night and one car rental is less than 300 EUR...

So if you are entitled to buy and have a chance: book with http://www.travelocity.com

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed, I keep trying to book my November 18 train from Bruges to London on the Eurostar via travelocity and it won't let me. Is there something special I need to try? Otherwise, I guess I will just wait for the time when I can order on Eurostar like a European?

thanks

jc

HeinBloed, I keep trying to book my November 18 train from Bruges to London on the Eurostar via travelocity and it won't let me. Is there something special I need to try? Otherwise, I guess I will just wait for the time when I can order on Eurostar like a European?

thanks

jc

That's a little bit too early. Eight month is for European taste too long.

For today: travelocity allows booking until August 31 (81 USD)

while Eurostar itself allows booking until July 10

So if I meet any cruiser who booked via travelocity a cheap ticket for Paris - Ashton to get on EURODAM on July 10...

DO NOT TELL ME - beside you want an original Black Forrest Cake in your face... for "buying away" MY discounted tickets...

Regards

HeinBloed

Can anyone suggest a website that I can use get prices on for tickets on the Eurostar. I have gone to two sites and the prices were different ...Confused as to which one to use.:confused:

From our experience riding the Eurostar, the standard class service seemed fine and very nice. Surprisingly nice considering that some would say "second class" is too basic or bare-bones. Considering the price difference and shortness of the trip, I didn't see any need to pay the extra for first class on Eurostar. On the TGV and for some other longer rail trips, the price gap is not as wide and it might be more worth it from a comfort situation. Other reactions and experiences?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our experience riding the Eurostar, the standard class service seemed fine and very nice. Surprisingly nice considering that some would say "second class" is too basic or bare-bones. Considering the price difference and shortness of the trip, I didn't see any need to pay the extra for first class on Eurostar. On the TGV and for some other longer rail trips, the price gap is not as wide and it might be more worth it from a comfort situation. Other reactions and experiences?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I totally agree with you.

There is a huge difference between 66 EUR (cheapest bargain) and 337.50 EUR in Business Premier for my requsted trip from Paris to Ashford.

271.50 EUR = you cannot drink, eat, read (free newspaper) and sleep (comfort of 1-2 instead of 2-2 seat configuration) much enough in the two hours to spend this money. That's my next mini-cruise on INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS...

For my long rides as weekend commuter 3 1/2 hour per ride I am willing to pay the 50-60% average more for 1st class.

Regards,

HeinBloed

thanks

jc

It also may be that since Eurostar does not go to Bruges, you cannot get a Eurostar ticket directly to there. You need to transfer in Brussels to the Belgium National Rail system. When I went there in Oct, my Eurostar ticket was valid on ANY Belgium train so I just got off the Eurostar and took the next scheduled train to Bruges. Do not know if this is still the case.

The fare was based on the London - Brussels trip and the Bruges "extra" leg was "free".

Cheers

That's a little bit too early. Eight month is for European taste too long.

For today: travelocity allows booking until August 31 (81 USD)

while Eurostar itself allows booking until July 10

So if I meet any cruiser who booked via travelocity a cheap ticket for Paris - Ashton to get on EURODAM on July 10...

DO NOT TELL ME - beside you want an original Black Forrest Cake in your face... for "buying away" MY discounted tickets...

Regards

HeinBloed

Well, I am of German descent so I like the cake! :D

jc

It also may be that since Eurostar does not go to Bruges, you cannot get a Eurostar ticket directly to there. You need to transfer in Brussels to the Belgium National Rail system. When I went there in Oct, my Eurostar ticket was valid on ANY Belgium train so I just got off the Eurostar and took the next scheduled train to Bruges. Do not know if this is still the case.

The fare was based on the London - Brussels trip and the Bruges "extra" leg was "free".

Cheers

Pricing is same like you said. But even you enter Bruges: the itinerary will show up as connection via Brussels. So you do not need to enter separate requests for Bruges - Brussels and Brussels - London.

Regards,

HeinBloed

There is a huge difference between 66 EUR (cheapest bargain) and 337.50 EUR in Business Premier for my requsted trip from Paris to Ashford.
There is the option of Leisure Select, which offers a "first class" seat and a service level that is not far off Business Premier, whose price is pitched at the market that its name suggests.

I plan on leaving Bruges, Belgium (Brugge) on November 18, 2009. After we check out of our hotel so noonish or before. Since I live in the USA when should I try to buy tickets for the Eurostar for the trip into London? We will, of course, have some luggage, but no more than each of us can handle on our own. I assume when I go to the train station in Bruges that I just present my Eurostar ticket (will it be an actual ticket or just an electronic ticket?) and take the train to Brussels, or is there some easier closer station that we should seek out to connect to the Eurostar? So we we arrive at St Pancras we plan on taking the Tube to our hotel, which is the Grosvenor House (Marriott) on Park Lane.

So does this sound workable? What fare should I look to buy on the Eurostar. Just doing a Wednesday right now in the middle of May for pricing guesses, it seemed like the cheapest price for two was $196 USD.

thanks

jc

I plan on leaving Bruges, Belgium (Brugge) on November 18, 2009. After we check out of our hotel so noonish or before. Since I live in the USA when should I try to buy tickets for the Eurostar for the trip into London? We will, of course, have some luggage, but no more than each of us can handle on our own. I assume when I go to the train station in Bruges that I just present my Eurostar ticket (will it be an actual ticket or just an electronic ticket?) and take the train to Brussels, or is there some easier closer station that we should seek out to connect to the Eurostar? So we we arrive at St Pancras we plan on taking the Tube to our hotel, which is the Grosvenor House (Marriott) on Park Lane.

So does this sound workable? What fare should I look to buy on the Eurostar. Just doing a Wednesday right now in the middle of May for pricing guesses, it seemed like the cheapest price for two was $196 USD.

thanks

jc

If you check e.g. July 8 (last bookable Wednesday on Eurostar) and compare to travelocity, you will be nicely surprised:

While travelocity offers your ticket for 214 USD (for both) you can get only on Eurostar for this date 463.50 EUR (!!!).

So I would try it in 2 1/2 month again and check every day when your date is available for sale.

Seems to be that you can get discounted tickets from abroad while Europeans do not get them anymore.

As far as brazilgirl reported: her tickets were mailed by snail mail to her US-address.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived