Liquor/beer/wine question

kkbay

You are allowed a couple of bottles of wine/champagne carried on....

For any extra if you can the best way is to pack it in your luggage.

They do have a duty free shop in San Juan at the pier and people have been taking that liquor on in their carry on for awhile with no problems.

Will be sailing on Caribbean Princess. Please let us know exactly how to bring "spirits" on board. What are ship's rules? Will fly to San Juan to embark.

Thanks in advance:)

Yes, you are allowed bottles of wine in your carry-on. You can put clear spirits in water bottles or ice-tea bottle if you are a friend of Jack Daniels.

The CC booze police (those on this board whose job is to enforce Princess rules) may say otherwise. On my last trip we bought Tequila and beer in Puerta Vallerta to take back home. It was scanned but no one 'working" on the ship was interested on taking it from us. I didn't wish to make the long haul back to my cabin with them. No need to additional temptation:p

Just sharing my experience. Good Luck!

I was also wondering about something else. We're pretty much just wine drinkers, and I've read on this board that we can bring on a bottle or two when we initially board (this is for a New England cruise this fall). Is it possible also to buy wine in theports we visit and bring it aboard? Or do they check strictly once you're actually on the cruise? I figure if we're in Canadian and US ports, we could possibly buy wine in the towns we visit to save a few bucks over the price aboard. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

I was also wondering about something else. We're pretty much just wine drinkers, and I've read on this board that we can bring on a bottle or two when we initially board (this is for a New England cruise this fall). Is it possible also to buy wine in theports we visit and bring it aboard? Or do they check strictly once you're actually on the cruise? I figure if we're in Canadian and US ports, we could possibly buy wine in the towns we visit to save a few bucks over the price aboard. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

No problem at ports. This is the reason I like Princess for Europe and S.A.

Thanks for the info. On our last cruise out of San Juan a couple of years ago, we turned out to be on a rum run! Bought rum in every port, and then more at the airport in SJ before we left. No more! Too much hassle packing all that in our suitcases.

This time, we buy at the pier to enjoy on the cruise.

Thanks!

Archived