Bees & Stone Island?

TortieGal

Yes, this is a somewhat off the wall question.... :o

For those who have done the Stone Island excursion, have you had any problems with bees? As in lots of them? My friend and I were contemplating doing this with our group. She has done this excursion previously but when she did it, she said there were tons of bees. And she is deathly allergic to them. I don't want to end up in a Mexican hospital with her. :eek:

In the interest of full disclosure, I volunteer in animal welfare and at the zoo...I have nothing against bees. ;)

Yes, this is a somewhat off the wall question.... :o

For those who have done the Stone Island excursion, have you had any problems with bees? As in lots of them? My friend and I were contemplating doing this with our group. She has done this excursion previously but when she did it, she said there were tons of bees. And she is deathly allergic to them. I don't want to end up in a Mexican hospital with her. :eek:

In the interest of full disclosure, I volunteer in animal welfare and at the zoo...I have nothing against bees. ;)

We were there a little over a week ago and did not see a single bee.:D

You know, I had totally forgotten about his, until I read the above posts. We took a Stone Island tour in Oct. 2007. While we were sitting on the beach under the umbrellas by the table, there were some pesky bees/wasps around. I distinctly remember swatting some away. Not a lot, though. They weren't like, bumblebees, more like wasps. I wouldn't let that keep you away, really, it was only a few, and they weren't aggressive.

We did Randi's Happy Horses a couple of years ago. We had lunch at Victors. There were bees everywhere..in the soda, in the beer and on the food. They were not really agressive, but very annoying. I would be afraid to go if I were allergic. We went in March that year. One kid got a bee in his mouth from the soda and was able to spit it out before it stung. Be careful! LPT:confused:

Archived