BDA Guy - Mermaid Beach Hotel?

c breeze

This is a question for BDA Guy or anyone from Bermuda: My husband and I stayed at a property in Warwick Parish 30 years ago, called the Mermaid Beach Hotel, for our honeymoon. It was a lovely small hotel with a magnificent view of the South Shore. I am trying to find out if that property is still there, what it is called now, and if it is even available for rental to the general public.

There was also a poperty called Mermaid West, which across the street and not on the beach, and that was an apartment type rental property. I stayed at that property before I was married - 32 years ago! :) I do not know if they were affiliated.

Any information about either of these properties from anyone would be most appreciated. ;)

Edited by c breeze

Unfortunately you can no longer stay at Mermaid. It is still there but has been transformed into a condominium complex. Looks nearly the same though so you should be able to recognize it. The place across the street has been torn down and a mansion has been built there.

Unfortunately you can no longer stay at Mermaid. It is still there but has been transformed into a condominium complex. Looks nearly the same though so you should be able to recognize it. The place across the street has been torn down and a mansion has been built there.

Do you know the name of the condominium complex? We will be visiting Bermuda in October (on NCL Dawn) and would like to see the place, even if it is from the outside. :)

Do you know the name of the condominium complex? We will be visiting Bermuda in October (on NCL Dawn) and would like to see the place, even if it is from the outside. :)

The Breakers. But the locals still remember them by the name Mermaid.

• 6 years later...

Hello, clarkie02360! I am the OP, and I believe that if you walk along Warwick Long Bay Beach, you can see the property from the beach. We did not do this when we last visited, so I am not 100% certain. It certainly was a beautiful property. Happy 30th! http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000011.htm

Does anyone know if this beach is open to the public? My wife and I honeymooned here (Mermaid Beach Club) 30 years ago and would love to see it again!