• Sun
    • Sky
    • Spirit
    • Majesty
    • I would give my cruise away

Lets say NCL is running a contest for a free cruise and you won!!! YaY

you can pick any NCL ship for a 7 day free cruise

which ship would you pick?

part of the reason for this thread is to find out the pax's favorite and/or most popular NCL ship to date

Lad

* my vote is for the Epic....j/k

im sorry its silly to you, im just gathering information, and while they are sister ships, some pax do have a preference.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I guess I don't have a favorite ship. I think itinerary is the most important thing to me. I don't play favorites.;) But I do have one ship on your list that I would never sail again UNLESS it did a 10 night out of NYC ( which I wish NCL would start sailing year round!)

I am surprised to see that the Dawn is winning right now.

I think this is a neat poll and I can not wait to see the results after a few days. My prediction will be the Pearl to be the most favorite, although our favorite is the Star. I am glad to see the Dawn is doing so well because I have heard she is a lot like the Star and we are going to be onboard her this coming Nov.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I guess I don't have a favorite ship. I think itinerary is the most important thing to me. I don't play favorites.;) But I do have one ship on your list that I would never sail again UNLESS it did a 10 night out of NYC ( which I wish NCL would start sailing year round!)

its pretty close

Pearl over Dawn because of:

Great Outdoors area on the Pearl

A much better buffet layout on the Pearl

I could care less about the tall atrium with glass elevators on the Dawn that seems to be such a big deal to many here.

Believe it or not the Dawn had the highest percentage of repeat passengers in the fleet.

The main reason I picked the Dawn is the restriction to a 7 day cruise. The only 7 day itinerary I have booked in years is Bermuda. The Dawn is in fact one of my favorite ships but given a choice of 10/11 days on the Sun, Jewel, Jade, Pearl, or Gem I would give her up.

If the Dawn had the Great Outdoors instead of T-Rex she would be perfect. The interior public spaces and flow far better then the others.

my vote is for the SPirit...love that ship!

Wow, you two have been booked some nice cruises since we cruised on the Spirit with you!! Is it safe to assume Bob likes cruising? lol

How is that 12th Grandbaby that is almost 1 in a few months?

Enjoy!!

Dawn

I chose the Spirit. I would go by the itinerary, not by the ship.

I have only sailed the Dawn and the Spirit yet (will cruise the Jewel this fall) and so far I like the Spirit very much.

Believe it or not the Dawn had the highest percentage of repeat passengers in the fleet.

The main reason I picked the Dawn is the restriction to a 7 day cruise. The only 7 day itinerary I have booked in years is Bermuda. The Dawn is in fact one of my favorite ships but given a choice of 10/11 days on the Sun, Jewel, Jade, Pearl, or Gem I would give her up.

If the Dawn had the Great Outdoors instead of T-Rex she would be perfect. The interior public spaces and flow far better then the others.

The Dawn will be coming to Florida for 9 day Southern in 09-10. DH and I have done that itinerary before and the only reason we are doing it again is because it's 9 days on the Dawn. We love that ship!

:D Very funny!:D

And they wouldn't want to sail with me either so it would work out for everyone :D

That doesn't surprise me at all. I think a lot of it could be because it spends so much time sailing out of NY. A 'few' people live in that area and they have access without taking a plane trip.

But even taking that into account...I've only sailed on the Dawn once and really loved it. Also I agree about the Great Outdoors Cafe. That was the one thing we missed about that ship, but it's certainly not a deal breaker. I hope to sail the Dawn again someday

Really though, we're not too "ship picky". We've enjoyed even the older ships we've cruised, so we're much more into itinerary & price than ship

I remember when they had the highest number of repeaters, wasn't that a survey done about a year ago? I haven't sailed her, I voted for the Jewel, but boy how we love the Sun..I am sure we will be the first ones on her when she sails out of Cape C.

Nita

Some of these ships are sister ships( and identical) and that being said it would be silly to ask this question. For me itinerary is the first thing I look at when I book. All things being equal the newer ships the Gem and Pearl would be for me.

Not too silly when you add in the crew to the equation. Just because a ship has a sister doesn't mean the cruising experience will be the same. You need to take the crew into account.

Not too silly when you add in the crew to the equation. Just because a ship has a sister doesn't mean the cruising experience will be the same. You need to take the crew into account.

Yep, but don't forget, the crew changes....

Archived