bringing alcohol

gacruiser

Personally, i don't care if you bring alcohol aboard, i think the rule is silly, and is done just to sell us their overpriced drinks.

My point is that morals are subjective to whatever standards we apply to ourselves, what is perfectly acceptable rule breaking to some is unacceptable rule breaking to others.

The way those that wish to exercise their right to adjust the DSC are treated by some on this board is ridiculous, especially seeing how the Haters honesty is worth only a couple bottles of liquor:eek:

Some of you will violate rules about smuggling alcohol, but ostracize those that want to adjust the DSC?!!

VERY, VERY HYPOCRTICAL WOULDN"T YOU SAY?:confused:

It's OKAY to break the rules, if it's a rule YOU want break, but if someone wants to adjust (which is permissible, according to NCL) the DSC, they are out of line?

That's a total pile of BS, and you know it!

I'm not talking to anyone but those that weighed in so strongly in favor of the DSC, and you know who you are.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME !!, you are taking money that the cruise line needs to pay their poor under wage help!:mad:

Oh geez! Talk about highjacking a thread.....:rolleyes:

Interesting about the rum runner:cool: It has been 4 years since we have sailed NCL and I just want to bring my bottles on board. What is this about a corkage fee? I always brought my own "travel cork screw" quaint but it works. How about bottled water? The DH and I are going on the Majesty from Charleston. I would appreciate the advice.

Interesting about the rum runner:cool: It has been 4 years since we have sailed NCL and I just want to bring my bottles on board.

You are not allowed to bring any hard liquor or beer on board (unles you smuggle). Wine is allowed but you will be charged a $15 per bottle corkage fee.

'What is this about a corkage fee? I always brought my own "travel cork screw" quaint but it works.

Has nothing to do with rather you bring your own corkscrew and open it yourself or not. Many people bring wine to drink out on their balcony or in the cabin and open themself. But you are still charged the $15 per bottle when you board, no matter where you are going to drink it.

How about bottled water? The DH and I are going on the Majesty from Charleston. I would appreciate the advice.

You can bring as much non alcoholic drinks aboard as you would like, including water, soda, juice, etc.....no charge.

CG

I flew from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale via New York City with rum runners containing Bailey's (for the morning coffee) in my checked bags and never had an issue at the airport or the port authority.

Maybe we just got lucky but no one said a word

And maybe everyone seems to have forgotten...

Interesting about the rum runner:cool: It has been 4 years since we have sailed NCL and I just want to bring my bottles on board. What is this about a corkage fee? I always brought my own "travel cork screw" quaint but it works. How about bottled water? The DH and I are going on the Majesty from Charleston. I would appreciate the advice.

The corkage fee is charged to you onboard account as you board. It doesn't matter where you drink your wine or whether or not you cork it yourself. :p It's $15/750 ml bottle.

I put my wine in my carry ons. Makes it easier to just get the charge all over with.

Water is fine to bring aboard. I recommend slapping a cabin tag on the bundle and leave it with your checked luggage. The water's pretty good on Majesty, so you may consider bringing a refillable bottle.

Oh.. and the rumrunners are interesting.. aren't they? :D

Enjoy your cruise!

A.

Personally, i don't care if you bring alcohol aboard, i think the rule is silly, and is done just to sell us their overpriced drinks.

My point is that morals are subjective to whatever standards we apply to ourselves, what is perfectly acceptable rule breaking to some is unacceptable rule breaking to others.

The way those that wish to exercise their right to adjust the DSC are treated by some on this board is ridiculous, especially seeing how the Haters honesty is worth only a couple bottles of liquor:eek:

Maybe everyone has adopted their morals from our political leaders.

Think about it!

What a great idea!!!

Just kidding.:D

They're not stupid. They know all about vodka in water bottles, rum in coke bottles, whiskey in mouthwash bottles.

Apparently they either ARE stupid or they don't care to waste their time opening and sniffing every mouthwash bottle that goes through. Why buy the Rum Runners when I can fill an old Listerine bottle with my favorite rum and pack it in my checked luggage. It's worked three times so far and I then I can just toss the bottle when I'm done.

The operative word is "every". There have been reports of people making it through this way. And there have been reports of people not making it through

I guess it depends on who is working the xray machine that day

If your bags are locked though, they're not going to call you down to the "naughty room" so they can inspect your mouthwash.

Now, if they saw a regular shaped bottle on the x-ray then you might be asked to open your suitcase for them.

If your bags are locked though, they're not going to call you down to the "naughty room" so they can inspect your mouthwash.

I'm not so certain that locked has anything to do with it.

You should be certain.. It doesn't. ;)

I am. Only time we had anything in our bag that got us called...the bag was locked.

Darn 6 pack of Pepsi. They were nice about it though and said 'sorry', we were good with that. Ever since, we just carry it on so our bag makes it to the cabin

Sure it does, unless they see something of a suspicious nature showing up on the x-ray or they're doing random searches (which are not the majority of the bags) then they're NOT going to bother cutting my locks OR calling me down to open the bag.

And NCL recommends locking your bags anyway so if they suspect you of smuggling booze they'll just pull your bag aside until you come down to claim it and then at that time check it with you. I can't see them chopping your locks off unless they see something a bit more serious showing up.

Sure it does, unless they see something of a suspicious nature showing up on the x-ray or they're doing random searches (which are not the majority of the bags) then they're NOT going to bother cutting my locks OR calling me down to open the bag.

They NEVER cut off anyones lock or open anyones bag.

From reports I've seen it's not unusual to be called down for a mouthwash bottle

They NEVER cut off anyones lock or open anyones bag.

From reports I've seen it's not unusual to be called down for a mouthwash bottle

Good to know that they won't chop off locks like the airport has been known to do. :)

I've never seen any posts or heard of anyone getting called down because of mouthwash. For a week-long cruise they're expecting to see it in everyone's bag (I hope) :)

I can kind of see why you got called down for the soda. I wouldn't have bothered you if I was their security. What's the worst it could be, a six pack of beer, or pre-mixed drinks?

And it's acceptable to bring soda aboard anyway isn't it?

Good to know that they won't chop off locks like the airport has been known to do. :)

I've never seen any posts or heard of anyone getting called down because of mouthwash.

Stick around. LOL

I think you'll find NCL is probably one of the most strict lines about this

They've also been know to read these boards, so they know what's going on

Swing by the 'naughty room' some time after boarding. I saw quite a few 'mouthwash' bottles there before

You should be certain.. It doesn't. ;)

I am.

I knew that you knew.. And I also knew that you were being gracious in your "knowing." Did you know that I knew that? I'm betting you did. :p

I knew that you knew.. And I also knew that you were being gracious in your "knowing." Did you know that I knew that? I'm betting you did. :p

I dunno. Guess I got lost somewhere in there LOL (yes, I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew)

Archived