Hotel in Santiago, Chile

Elcruzer

IN january we stayed at the Radisson and liked it. Alot of the staff spoke English and were very helpful. One evening we walked two blocks t0

Don

carlos for a wonderful meal.

Thanks. Is the Radisson near the airport? Did you take a taxi to the airport, how long a ride and do they take US$

Any recommendations for a hotel in Santiago, preferably near airport since we have a very early departure?

Hi-- We are staying at the Hotel Diego de Almagro. $148 a night and got good write-ups on Trip Advisor. We are doing the same as you, flying out early on the 23rd. The Holiday is $192, maybe you can get cheaper on Priceline or something. I think I read the hotel has breakfast starting at 4am, which is a plus.

See you all on 11/3. John

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out

John - How far is the Hotel Diego from the airport? Our flight is at 8am and TACA recommends being there 2 hrs before so we want to get a hotel as close as we can. I don't know what the traffic is like in Santiago. Little by little we're getting things booked for the cruise. If you have any other suggestions for anything please let me know. Thanks

Are there any other hotels at or very near the airport?

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out

John - How far is the Hotel Diego from the airport? Our flight is at 8am and TACA recommends being there 2 hrs before so we want to get a hotel as close as we can. I don't know what the traffic is like in Santiago. Little by little we're getting things booked for the cruise. If you have any other suggestions for anything please let me know. Thanks

Are there any other hotels at or very near the airport?

Hi-- The hotel is near the airport(2or3km) with a free shuttle. Sounds like it's in an industrial area with not much near it to see, but after touring from the ship on Sunday, that may be enought. I think the Holiday Inn talked about is right at the airport.

You can go to Trip Advisor and see what people have said about it. We are planning on staying there again after we get back from Cusco and Manchu Piccuu, then fly home.

We stayed at a bed and breakfast that was downtown 3 blocks from the Presidential palace and the owner picked us up from the airport for $35 per car and it took about 20 minutes to get there. The owner's name is Walter who speaks great English since he lived in the US for 13 years, and it ran about $80 US for the night with your own bathroom. You will need to climb a spiral marble staircase to get to your room but they take your luggage to the room. It was a great house with the thick stone walls, arched doorways, and ironwork on the windows. They had done a great renovation job since the house had been empty for 25 years. They also would cook you anything you wanted for breakfast (make sure you ask for scones). He also took us to the grocery store to buy our wine for the cruise and then took us to Valparaiso for $75 US per person. We could not have asked for better hospitality. If you really want to get a flavor of Santiago, a clean room and good food, stay here. You can reach him at weggomez@hotmail.com or http://www.bed-and-breakfast-santiago.cl

The easiest way to see Santiago is on the HOHO buses which run $30 per person or 18,000 pesos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived