New lower fares

lenbro

I'm always checking Regent fares and just saw that Regent has dropped its fares on my cruise(Oct. 2 Istanbul to Athens). I'm not sure if there are similar reductions on other cruise. People with reservations should check and get a price adjustment.

And many of the cruises which previously had not qualified for free excursions now do.

If you've checked Regent's web site in the past day or so, rate have been changing rather oddly as they've loaded up all the new rates, apparently sometimes in error. I noticed Saturday that our June 3 Mariner cruise was showing a lower price, so I contacted our TA. She at first said the web site must be wrong, then found that we should have a reduction. Meanwhile, the Regent web site sometime today reverted the prices back to their original levels. Our TA called Regent, got them to realize the error, and got us re-invoiced at the new, lower fare. Yea! And I see that within the past hour or two, the Regent web site is back to reflecting the lower fare. Whew! So if you see something which looks amiss, it may well be as Regent gets everything straightened out.

Our good fortune is that today was the day our final payment was going to be processed, and with the change, we saved about $800 just in the nick of time. :D:D

-- Eric

OMG, thanks for posting about the irregularities......I thought I was going NUTZ! I was excited last night when I tracked a change in fares (we canceled our earlier booking) and then wondered if I had looked at the wrong cruise when I accessed the RSSC website today. Not sure if we can do a re-booking but this was good news in an otherwise not such a good news day!

That's great news, Eric, and just in time!

Yes, it seems like the cruise fares are chasing the Dow!

So far out Rio cruise now has included excursions, and according to the website, included air. But I won't trust the latter until I hear from my TA, who is busily reprocessing lots and lots of invoices. I believe ours was already 50% off, so no further actual fare reduction I think.

To quote the Regent Web site:

"2-FOR-1 Savings on 2009 Cruises

We are pleased to announce 2-FOR-1 savings are now available on most remaining 2009 Cruises. Simply book by May 31, 2009 to save 50% on your cruise fare on voyages to all of our worldwide destinations."

Therefore, if you have a cruise booked, you should check your invoice. While it says in the Terms and conditions that this is for new bookings only, our experience is that our TA has always been able to get our fares adjusted.

I also check the website regularly and after seeing your post, I went there and found my cruise now at 2 for 1. Called my TA this am and the first person she dealt with did not know about the new fare. She called back to Regent - after rechecking the website - and was connected with another person who said that we were correct, but that all of their computers had not been reset to the new info (..what's with that???!!!). Long story short, I have now saved $7.490 on my suite to Russia this August !!!!! Good news in a bad economic times!!!!!

Archived