Best place to go fishing

bowlingqueen

We are in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Achorage. What is the best place to do a half day fishing trip. Any suggestions for good tour companies? There is one in the toursaver book, I'll have to look that up and see where that one was.

Thanks

Heather

I know you asked about a half-day fishing trip, and I assume you're referring to deep sea fishing. Unfortunately, I can't speak to that.

However, it you're interesting in fly fishing at all, there is an incredible fly-out fly fishing excursion in Juneau.

We were flown, by float plane, to Admiralty Island. They provided us with everything, and taught us how to fly fish. We fished on the stream on the island leading into the ocean. During the day we encountered 8 grizzly bear. :eek: Oh, and caught lots of salmon--catch & release only.

If you're a fisherman, this is an Alaskan experience not to miss.

Sheri

P.S. Another year, we did a fly fishing excursion in Ketchikan. There we were driven to a private river to fish. It was also a great experience...just didn't quite have the excitement of the 8 grizzlies. But lots of fish there, too.

• 3 weeks later...

However, it you're interesting in fly fishing at all, there is an incredible fly-out fly fishing excursion in Juneau.

Another year, we did a fly fishing excursion in Ketchikan. There we were driven to a private river to fish. It was also a great experience...just didn't quite have the excitement of the 8 grizzlies. But lots of fish there, too.

Gordons4

Do you remember which tour operators you used? I'm trying to find a fly fishing tour in either Juneau or Ketchikan for my DH and BILs.

Thanks for any help.

Tammie

Archived