Deoderant..Little Black Dress ????

Hi, I've been kicking myself on every cruise for not asking this question here.

All ads advertise " No white marks on your black dress".

I've tried all of the advertised brands claiming not to leave white residue.

Please Help. :)

I haven't found one yet that is COMPLETELY white mark free, but I have learned something. Apply a gel (I use Lady Mitchum gel) before you start getting ready. Let it dry then take a dry washcloth and dry brush under your arms. It should get rid of the flaky stuff. Since it takes me roughly 20 minutes to do hair and makeup, it has plenty of time to sink in. :cool:

I've been using Ban roll on for years and have never had white marks on anything I wear. My son uses a gel as does my daughter and they have white marks on all of their clothing.

I don't get dressed for quite a while after I shower, though, usually about 30 minutes to an hour. I'm doing makeup and hair prior to getting dressed.

they did a little black dress test on the Today Show about a yr back or so. they tested all the brands promoting non-marking & Womens Mitchum Gel was the only one that did not leave a mark. I've been using it ever since. hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your replies. I use Secret and I've left marks trying on clothes hours later.

On cruises I have used gel and still have marks. I'll try Ban roll on and Mitchum Gel. It has to be better, can't be any worse.

Thanks again. :)

If your dress has sleeves, even very small cap sleeves, then use dress shields. I have used them for at least 30+ years on every single dress I have. Unfortunately I can't remember where I bought my latest ones:p, but I think if you google "dress shields" you will find them. They are easy to use and I rinse them out after a couple of uses.

And for washable tee shirts, I have found that white vinegar works wonders, as does ordinary cheap peroxide.

The only thing that I found that really worked for me was Degree Ultra Clear. I usually apply it right after my shower, and wait to get dressed after I dry my hair, and apply make-up. Using it this way never leaves any marks. I swear by the stuff.

Stein mart carries these little spongy things that get white marks out of clothes..I havent used them but they look neat. They are made by the same company that makes the fashion tape..hollywood something...

I've not found a deodorant that doesn't leave some residue under the arms of clothing. But I have found out how to keep deodorant from making marks on other parts of pullover tops while putting them on. You turn up the bottom of the shirt to almost the arm holes (like the shirt is half-way inside out). Pull it over the head and pull down the folded up part. no more bother with getting those white marks off the side of your shirt.

I read this somewhere - this is what dressers to for models in runway shows.

A tip for removing white marks. Dampen a pair of tights (hose?) and scrunch them up. Use to rub away the white marks. I don't know why it works but it does. I've also used one of those nylon bath scrunchie things if I've had no tights handy.

Carol

not a new thing, but now on shelves..mine is called "Crystal" body deodorant stick..Hypo alg free and paraben free..no Allum chlor..wasnt very much maybe $3-ish..web addy is..http://www.thecrystal.com 1 800 829 ROCK..made in Thailand..just moisten end and roll on..no white, stain or sticky. I love ittttt!

After doing MUCH research, I stumbled upon Certain Dri. This will stop your underarms from perspiring, so no need for deoderant, and no residue. Google it, and you'll get info on how it works and how to apply it. Hope this helps!

I'll second this -- it's deodorant and not anti-perspirant -- and MUCH better for you -- the good thing is that it really works -- you can buy it in spray (my favourite), roll-on and the actual crystal rock.

not a new thing, but now on shelves..mine is called "Crystal" body deodorant stick..Hypo alg free and paraben free..no Allum chlor..wasnt very much maybe $3-ish..web addy is..www.thecrystal.com 1 800 829 ROCK..made in Thailand..just moisten end and roll on..no white, stain or sticky. I love ittttt!

After doing MUCH research, I stumbled upon Certain Dri. This will stop your underarms from perspiring, so no need for deoderant, and no residue. Google it, and you'll get info on how it works and how to apply it. Hope this helps!

I SWEAR by this stuff in the summer time. A friend of mine turned me on to it years ago. I use it most of the summer but especially when I plan on wearing something sleeveless. Can only find it a few places (Meijer and CVS) here in central Ohio.

I've also tried all of them and the only thing I have found to work

on black or dark tops is Speed Stick Irish Spring Original Deodorant.

It's the pale green stick. Smells nice too. It's usually between

the men and women sections, so I believe both can use.

I noticed at Target yesterday that they had Degree Ultra in the travel/sample section. I bought some and tried it today with a black top. So far, so good - no marks. There was only one scent in the sample size("Pure Satin") and it is very strong though - I prefer something softer. Can anyone tell me about their other scents?

Thank you all so much. I can't believe I've waited this long to ask here.

I've found that a damp washcloth will remove the streaks from getting dressed but never found a solution to the marks during the evening.

I'm trying out everything suggested before the cruise. I especially like the idea of the Certain Dri. I don't ever have a problem with anything else I wear except for the sleeveless black dresses. :mad:

Thank you all again.

Archived