Need your votes, insights on Ftl pre cruise hotels

CruisinOnWheels

if it was in your budget, which Hotel would you book for a precruise stay?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. if it was in your budget, which Hotel would you book for a precruise stay?

• Ritz Carlton
    • Hyatt Pier 66
    • Lago Mar Resort
    • Bahia Mar Resort
    • Crowne Plaza - hollywood beach
    • Riverside Hotel
    • Embassy Suites
    • Hyatt Place

Howdy...

This is our first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale (december 12-14 pre cruise dates), and we would like your votes/opinions of the following hotels we are considering:

1. Ritz Carlton

2. Lago Mar Resort

3. Hyatt Regency Pier 66

4. Embassy Suites

5. Riverside Hotel

6. Bahia Mar Resort

7. Crowne Plaza - Hollywood beach

thanks for your help, btw hubby is in a wheelchair... so handicapped accessibility is very important to us.

We have stayed at Embassy suites before and will again next week March 10th.

Great location with mall, places to eat, liquor store, drug stores, all within one block area.

Having the 2 hour cocktail hour and a real full breakfast in the morning is nice too.

The Embassy, Hyatt, Bahia Mar, and Crown Plaza aren't even in the same league as the Ritz Carlton, Lago Mar, and The Riverside. Apples to french fries.

Hate to throw a wrench into things but The Westin Diplomat is an insanely gorgeous hotel with lots of on site amenities.

If my buget allowed, it would be a 'no brainer' - Ritz Carlton or Lago Mar. However, if those were in my budget range, I would also be considering Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach and Harbor Beach Marriott.

Your other choices (Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites etc.) while nice are not even in the same league as Ritz or Lago Mar.

If you narrow your choices, I am sure your poll would be more accurate/helpful and people could give you some good advice.

Compared to the others on the list, I wouldn't even consider the Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place. They are fine, but I wouldn't want to spend my vacation in a neighbood of shopping centers.

I would agree to take them off your list. They cannot compare to the RC and Lago Mar.

Absoulutly nothing wrong with Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place. They are very convenient, have shuttle pick up at the airport and shuttle to the port. One has cooked breakfast and the other continental breakfast. Great places to go for dinner pre cruise. Great location!!!!!!!!!

Absoulutly nothing wrong with Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place. They are very convenient, have shuttle pick up at the airport and shuttle to the port. One has cooked breakfast and the other continental breakfast. Great places to go for dinner pre cruise. Great location!!!!!!!!!

Location isn't near as good as the Lago Mar, Riverside, or Ritz Carlton and they cannot compete with the amenities.

Out of the list I chose the Ritz. I've stayed at a few and they all were great. I don't know how they pull this off (take pictures of you perhaps???) but there is one in Pasadena, CA where its been as long as 4 years between stays and the doorperson recognized me and greeted me by name when I arrived!! That is service!

Archived