New Cruiser Dining Question

LuckyPink50

After reading some posts here about dining, I am confused... We are with a seminar group and have been placed on an 8:00 dining time. I was under the impression we could either dine at that time or do AYW if we did not want to eat with the group? Would we be able to do that or are we stuck with it? If so, can we still get room service for dinner at any time? What are our options, if any? Thanks in advance. You guys are great! :)

You should contact your particular cruiseline and ask them these questions. It is depends upon what your ship offers. If you have anytime dining, then, no, you aren't stuck with anything. Your group can stick with the 8:00 seating and you can just not go and show up at anytime dining. In addition, room service is again dependent upon your cruise. Each cruiseline varies and, therefore, there is no one set answer. Give them a call and maybe the cruiseline can mention an option I am not even aware of.

Happy sailing!

You should contact your particular cruiseline and ask them these questions. It is depends upon what your ship offers. If you have anytime dining, then, no, you aren't stuck with anything. Your group can stick with the 8:00 seating and you can just not go and show up at anytime dining. In addition, room service is again dependent upon your cruise. Each cruiseline varies and, therefore, there is no one set answer. Give them a call and maybe the cruiseline can mention an option I am not even aware of.

Happy sailing!

If you wish to opt out of the 8 PM Traditional dining -- contact the person who is in charge of your group and tell them that you wish to do AYWD.

If you still have the 8 PM time listed on your ID card once you get on the ship and you still wish to change to AYWD dining -- just go and see the dining room manager and have it changed. They will be happy to change it for you.

Should you decide to dine in your cabin, you can do so. But you need to call between 5:15 - 5:45 or 8 - 8:30 -- place your order and tell them the time you wish to have the meal delivered to your cabin. The dinner menu is posted in front of the dining room from lunch time on through out the day.

If you are assigned to fixed seating , and cannot get it changed to open seating, you have two choices. As already mentioned, you can have room service. You can also eat at the Lido.

Contrary to what Girly_Girl has posted, though, you MAY NOT go to open seating if you are assigned to fixed.

If you are assigned to fixed seating , and cannot get it changed to open seating, you have two choices. As already mentioned, you can have room service. You can also eat at the Lido.

Contrary to what Girly_Girl has posted, though, you MAY NOT go to open seating if you are assigned to fixed.

Girly_Girl has never sailed HAL ... or doesn't have any listed anyway.

If you wish to opt out of the 8 PM Traditional dining -- contact the person who is in charge of your group and tell them that you wish to do AYWD.

If you still have the 8 PM time listed on your ID card once you get on the ship and you still wish to change to AYWD dining -- just go and see the dining room manager and have it changed. They will be happy to change it for you.

I do not have any personal experience with having assigned dining from a group, but I know when we were speaking with the dining manager on Eurodam to confirm our table, there was a woman beside us who was complaining because she was part of a group that was assigned 8PM dining. She wanted to change to earlier and they were very strict about telling her that because she was part of the group she could not change that on her own and that she would need to contact the person who was in charge of her group to have it changed...so I don't know how easy it is to do this on your own even when you get onboard.

Archived