What to do with luggage after our cruise & we tour NO before our flight?

Found this with a Yahoo search....

Advance Baggage Check-in

Don't Lug it, Leave it! Skip the baggage claim, with Advance Check-In! Travelers flying into New Orleans can have their luggage forwarded directly from the New Orleans Airport to the cruise ship or local hotel. This service is also available for travelers wishing to have their luggage transferred from the cruise ship or hotel to the airport at the end of their trip to New Orleans. This service allows travelers to enjoy more time in the French Quarter, take in the sights, and of course, enjoy some of the fabulous food for which the city is known.

Found this with a Yahoo search....

Advance Baggage Check-in

Don't Lug it, Leave it! Skip the baggage claim, with Advance Check-In! Travelers flying into New Orleans can have their luggage forwarded directly from the New Orleans Airport to the cruise ship or local hotel. This service is also available for travelers wishing to have their luggage transferred from the cruise ship or hotel to the airport at the end of their trip to New Orleans. This service allows travelers to enjoy more time in the French Quarter, take in the sights, and of course, enjoy some of the fabulous food for which the city is known.

Thanks!!!!

• 2 months later...

Is this also available in Alaska? (Whittier) We are looking for options after our Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier. Our plane does not leave Anchorage until very late the same day that we end our cruise in Whittier. I understand that Carnival has a day transfer/excursion trip available but can't find anything on the pricing. Any ideas?

Is this also available in Alaska? (Whittier) We are looking for options after our Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier. Our plane does not leave Anchorage until very late the same day that we end our cruise in Whittier. I understand that Carnival has a day transfer/excursion trip available but can't find anything on the pricing. Any ideas?

The West Coast board might be more help. Whittier and Anchorage are a good distance apart.

• 7 months later...

I had found Advance Check In on the official NO tourism board website but want to be sure that it is a reliable, legitimate service we can trust before entrusting them with our luggage. A little concerned when I called the Advance Check In phone number to ask questions and it went directly into a generic voicemail box without any company identification whatsoever, then called back the tourism board and was told that Advance Check In is no longer a member of their association and so they could not help me.

Has anyone used them and can vouch they are a trustworthy service co?

There is a company called Rush It Courier service which is mentioned on the Port of New Orleans website. I called and they said no reservations are needed and they have a staffed kiosk that meets every returning ship as well as offices at the airport. $25 for 3 bags Cruiseport to airport, $5 for each additional bag.

Archived