Not doing favors

My mind is (finally) made up (I think). I'm not doing them. I've been frantically trying to figure out what to give that will be of use and not thrown away or left behind.

My final two ideas were personalized m&ms or a CD of our favorite songs. In either case, I'd spend about $200 on these items and decided my family doesn't really care about either, LOL.

What are you ladies doing for favors?

I am making a donation to a favorite charity of mine "in honor" of our guests' presence. I agree with you...it is a pain in the butt to lug the favors to the ceremony and then have most people leave them behind anyway. We did the personalized M&M's for my shower and they were good but way too overpriced. Plus, if it is going to be hot I don't think chocolate is a good idea anyway:)

You know your fam and what they will like or will leave behind so you probably made a good decision... I decided on fans because it will be hot and they will probably use them for at least the ceremony, but then someone said men won't use them which is true so I'll also making little magnets out of cute painted wood starfish from Michaels.

I was thinking of doing fans as well. The cute little ones from Michael's for females and electric ones for male. But I also feel that with all the many going into the OOT bags I may just use those as favors. I was at Michael's the other day and fell in love with the make your own soap aisle. So they may go in my OOT bags (sorry that was so not relevant).

I felt favors were pretty important for my wedding. If it were a landbased wedding..then I would have made them very simple. I felt my guest were doing and going through alot to attend, so I wanted to give them something as nice as I could afford.

For all the sailing guest...I ordered customized sports bottles. There were used constantly during the cruise, excursions and still used to this day.

For all the non-sailing guest...I ordered the "mini" altoid tins but with mint gum instead of candy mints. It had a cute little picture on the front of a cruise ship and it said "Name & Name, Embark into life". It was a hit and small enough so ppl weren't carrying anything bulky off the ship. It simply went into thier pocket.

For all children...I got them Big Sponge Bob coloring books with a 24pk of crayons. This worked out great as well. No child was bored at the reception! All the sailing children continued to use them in thier cabin througout the cruise to stay entertained.

My favors weren't cheap, but worth every penny to me. I was to like you and didn't want to waste money on non-sense things. Just remember, you can never go wrong it edible favors!

My mind is (finally) made up (I think). I'm not doing them. I've been frantically trying to figure out what to give that will be of use and not thrown away or left behind.

My final two ideas were personalized m&ms or a CD of our favorite songs. In either case, I'd spend about $200 on these items and decided my family doesn't really care about either, LOL.

What are you ladies doing for favors?

I totally agree with not giving favors. I have been to many weddings and most of the time when we have received favors, it's just stuff I don't need or want and it ends up in the trash. I would much rather the couple saved their money!

Madam,

I LOVE your idea about the sports bottles- can you tell me who you used, becuase I was doing some research, and it looks like the minimum order for most sites is like 100 or 200. I need about 25-30 tops.

Thanks!

I have been to several weddings with favors, and several without. The one favor I really liked was a wine bottle stopper/cork. But I really enjoy wine, and I know not everybody does. The M&Ms are alright, but not necessary. We also got a little box of two chocolates at one wedding, which was great. Anything aside from food I'm not sure I would care much about. We chose not to have favors at our wedding (we also went really small, and we paid to fly half the guests to the wedding anyway), and nobody complained.

Madam,

I LOVE your idea about the sports bottles- can you tell me who you used, becuase I was doing some research, and it looks like the minimum order for most sites is like 100 or 200. I need about 25-30 tops.

Thanks!

I used discount mugs. Below is the link for the bottles I choose in the color Aqua with the "I survived" logo. I can say they are made of great quality and very durable! But there are quite a few different choices.

http://www.discountmugs.com/us/index.php?c=4&p=70

I used discount mugs. Below is the link for the bottles I choose in the color Aqua with the "I survived" logo. I can say they are made of great quality and very durable! But there are quite a few different choices.

http://www.discountmugs.com/us/index.php?c=4&p=70

This is such a neat idea. I was thinking about doing sport bottles and was wondering where I could find a site where u didn't have to buy a zillion of them. Thanks for the info!!!

I had the same dilemma! Wondering what to get everyone for a favor that was not bulky, not expenmsive and not useless! I found the best idea...Lip Balm! I ordered vanilla flavored lip balm and they all came with customized stickers that you put on top. I matched the stickers with my "watermelon" wedding color and added a palm tree with our names and date. I figured on a cruise everyone can use some lip balm with SPF and it will be usefull and not left behind. They were a great deal too @ .99 each. www.favorfavor.com :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm giving favors that I hope will not get thrown away. They're little measuring spoons called "Love Beyond Measure" that are heart shaped and have little sayings on them like a pinch of kindness, a dash of patience, etc.

http://www.weddingfavordiscount.com/Measuring-Spoons-Favor-p/13001ka.htm

I only ordered enough for each couple to have 1 favor. I know I don't want two sets of measuring spoons cluttering up my kitchen... I have 50 sets and 74 guests. Does anyone have any advice on how to hand them out or set them out? :confused:

I'm giving favors that I hope will not get thrown away. They're little measuring spoons called "Love Beyond Measure" that are heart shaped and have little sayings on them like a pinch of kindness, a dash of patience, etc.

http://www.weddingfavordiscount.com/Measuring-Spoons-Favor-p/13001ka.htm

I only ordered enough for each couple to have 1 favor. I know I don't want two sets of measuring spoons cluttering up my kitchen... I have 50 sets and 74 guests. Does anyone have any advice on how to hand them out or set them out? :confused:

Request a table to be set up at the reception room's entrance. This will hold all the favors, photos of the cpl, signing book, card box, etc. Then get a wicker basket or some sort of fancy basket to match your theme and place the favors in the basket. This worked out great for my mini altoid tins!

Archived