What do you do to get out of going to Muster Drill?

pnjkeith

We sat on balcony, closed door and curtains. No one ever found us. Was fun to miss the big crowds, just thought it would be fun.

Flame away!

you get the opportunity to live if a real emergency was happening. or at least in theory.;)

We sat on balcony, closed door and curtains. No one ever found us. Was fun to miss the big crowds, just thought it would be fun.

Flame away!

You get a free coupon that says "Perhaps if you listen you won't get dead".

It's a great bonus prize, and you get one free with every cruise.

You also get classic photos for your album of your whole family looking silly in their orange life vests...I always take my camera to muster, people who don't cruise love to see those muster shots. My kids think they're pretty funny too.

Plus you can laugh at the one person who decides to put the whistle in their mouth (you know, the whistle that has been in 3,000 other mouths).:eek::p

You also get classic photos for Plus you can laugh at the one person who decides to put the whistle in their mouth (you know, the whistle that has been in 3,000 other mouths).:eek::p

Ewwwwwwwwww :eek:

I have never missed a muster drill. It's no big deal.

I do not encourage anyone to miss muster drill.... but..... I plan to sit the next one out in the closest open area. I almost passed out at the last one. I'm very claustrophobic and was in a panic during the entire thing. Believe me, I couldn't tell you where, what, when or who when it was over. All I could think of was, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!" So, I will politely let the Carnival Staff know that I will either stand in the hallway and listen or I will pass out or kill the passenger next to me.... and I have a medical certificate to help in court!!!!!! That said..... NEVER MISS MUSTER DRILL.... IT WILL ONE DAY SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

I do not encourage anyone to miss muster drill.... but..... I plan to sit the next one out in the closest open area. I almost passed out at the last one. I'm very claustrophobic and was in a panic during the entire thing. Believe me, I couldn't tell you where, what, when or who when it was over. All I could think of was, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!" So, I will politely let the Carnival Staff know that I will either stand in the hallway and listen or I will pass out or kill the passenger next to me.... and I have a medical certificate to help in court!!!!!! That said..... NEVER MISS MUSTER DRILL.... IT WILL ONE DAY SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Health issues are another matter. During a cruise in 2004 I was 5 months pregnant, and it was really, really hot outside, so all I did was tell the crew member on my floor during the drill, and they let me take the elevator instead of the stairs (up 4 flights) and they let me sit on a bench during the drill...but I still attended and checked in at my station, I didn't hide in my cabin.

By the way, to those that try to skip the drill, you do know that the rest of us have to stand there and wait that much longer while the crew tries to find you...so considerate of others.;)

Health issues are another matter. During a cruise in 2004 I was 5 months pregnant, and it was really, really hot outside, so all I did was tell the crew member on my floor during the drill, and they let me take the elevator instead of the stairs (up 4 flights) and they let me sit on a bench during the drill...but I still attended and checked in at my station, I didn't hide in my cabin.

By the way, to those that try to skip the drill, you do know that the rest of us have to stand there and wait that much longer while the crew tries to find you...so considerate of others.;)

Oh believe me, I will attend, just on the outskirts. I had heard that if you wait until 5 minutes before muster drill you won't be sandwiched in. Well, I guess everyone else on our cruise heard that if you are 2 minutes before muster you won't be sandwiched in. It was the worst moment of the cruise for me. My husband tried to calm me but all I remember was screaming at him to, "STOP TOUCHING ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE"... I'm normally so mild mannered. Yep, gonna sit this one out.... on the outskirts that is. So, for those keeping track.... I will be attending just not participating. If it makes you feel better that I will not be participating, I will put the germ soaked whistle in my mouth for punishment! :eek:

You got to be kidding!

You really do not think they count 3000 people for the drill do you?

While we still go to muster drill because it can save our lives if needed. I find it more and more a joke to some people. They talk and laugh and you cant even hear the announcements. Hope it would be different if it was an emergency, but then there would be mayhem because no one would know what to do. Not many pay attention at the drill as they should. However, having to listen to the instructions in French is not fun. Most everyone by then are talking and laughing and cant wait til its over and you cant hear a word anyway. Just my 2 cents.

You got to be kidding!

You really do not think they count 3000 people for the drill do you?

Wow. Are you serious? During the drill the crew checks you in by your cabin number...they know if you are not there. It's not for fun, it's the law. Wow.

I don't know about Carnival (will find out next month) but on RCCL, if you don't show up they send crew out to look for you. And all during the drill they keep calling the cabin numbers of the missing people, and when you finally show up, your fellow passengers arn't exactly happy with you.

I use a nice big chiffon scarf..put it on my head in my cabin.whoosh the vest over it...suit up..go to drill..return to cabin, and remove both ..it saves my fresh hair-do, and no icky neck..I never blew a whistle..yukkk...men can do a 'dana if need be.

I play a game of counting everyone at my station who doesn't put on their life jacket until they are told to put it on. The highest I got was 19 and the lowest was 6 (not counting ourselves).

I would count the people who were wearing them, despite the endless announcements to wait, but I can't count that high.

Wow. Are you serious? During the drill the crew checks you in by your cabin number...they know if you are not there. It's not for fun, it's the law. Wow.

I don't know about Carnival (will find out next month) but on RCCL, if you don't show up they send crew out to look for you. And all during the drill they keep calling the cabin numbers of the missing people, and when you finally show up, your fellow passengers arn't exactly happy with you.

Not necessarily true... I have yet to see this done on my numerous Carnival cruises.

Nope, your right! Its carnival not RCCL! They do things diff!

Plus you can laugh at the one person who decides to put the whistle in their mouth (you know, the whistle that has been in 3,000 other mouths).:eek::p

That always bring a smile to my face as well - along with a slight roll of my eyes... :D

BTW (and a couple of you will understand this as it references a former thread): PROOFREADING is a VERY good idea prior to posting a new thread, then leaving your computer!!! :o

Tom

Archived