Does Carnival let you carry on...

Sailing the Valor April 12th. Leaving the day before to spend some time in Miami. We plan on taking a carry on bag with us and once in Miami putting a case of beer in it and have it delivered to our cabin with our luggage. Question: Will this work and will it make it to our cabin? HA!)

If we buy a 12x12x12 cooler will we be able to walk on the ship with bottled water and soda in it?

So you are saying the bag with beer in it will not make it to our cabin? we plan on putting clothes around it.

All bags are scanned whether carry-on or checked. Carnival's policy is no alcohol brought on board. 24 cans of anything would probably cause your carry on to be hand checked or you would be called to the "naughty room" to open any suspicious checked luggage.

You might be sucessful but I'm betting against it.

Charlie

For alcoholic beverages, anything more than a bottle of wine per adult is not allowed. Luggage is scanned before it is brought to your cabin, so chances are the beer will be spotted & you will be asked to come to the naughty room and open it for inspection.

Of course, not everyone fails, so maybe you'll make it http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15966929&postcount=553

"Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gif

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

If they find it, they will keep it.

Sailing the Valor April 12th. Leaving the day before to spend some time in Miami. We plan on taking a carry on bag with us and once in Miami putting a case of beer in it and have it delivered to our cabin with our luggage. Question: Will this work and will it make it to our cabin? HA!)

If we buy a 12x12x12 cooler will we be able to walk on the ship with bottled water and soda in it?

If you mean that once you are in Miami and you put it in your bag and check it........yes it should be ok...

Check it don't carry it on........remember you can check any bag........

No, I am not going to try and carry it on myself. I was going to put it in the bag I have with some clothes and put it with my checked luggage. The only thing I will carry on is bottled water and maybe some Pepsi. I love Pepsi. I would never try to carry beer on since I know they would take it. I guess people misunderstood my question.

I would stick to liquior bottles in your luggage. Dont bing anything on in your carry on. I have never had any problem with bottles of liquior and some cokes for mixers in my Luggage.

any suggestion on how/where to pack in luggage?:D

Dont flame me, but last year I got a twelve pack on easy.

Buy or save a twelve pack of coke or pepsi. Open the 12 pack on the end carefully. Empty the cardboard carton, refill with beer except one can of soda goes where the carrying handle for the soda is located. then just reglue the end and place in luggage.

Enjoy your cold beer..................

Dont flame me, but last year I got a twelve pack on easy.

Buy or save a twelve pack of coke or pepsi. Open the 12 pack on the end carefully. Empty the cardboard carton, refill with beer except one can of soda goes where the carrying handle for the soda is located. then just reglue the end and place in luggage.

Enjoy your cold beer..................

Kool, you must be a Cannoneer!:D

Yes it will work. I suggest you put it in a hard sided suitcase for extra protection.

I don't bring beer on, but I bring on Sodas and water this way. Usually put all our snack foods in one suitcase and have the porters take it to our cabin.

Although, if possible, I would get plastic bottles rather than cans just as a precaution. we did have a can bust on us once which made for a sticky situation.

well i wasnt going to post this for fear of flaming but i want to help a fellow cruiser.. :)

this tip was passed along to me from another cruiser so i cant take credit but it was no problem.

We flew in from Michigan with carry on luggage only and had a foil bag in our carry on you know the one from like sams or walmart that keeps your chilled food kind of chilled until you get home from the store..

Our shuttle stopped at winn dixie, we got an 18 pk beer and 12 pk pop, put it in this cooler bag, fit like a charm.. i had my luggage tag taped to the side of it.. snapped it shut.. put a couple zip strips on it.. (dont ask me why anyone could cut into the bag) and gave it to porters with a 5.00 and our other two carry ons... no prolbem came to our room just fine, we figured worse come to worse we were out 20 bucks but not beer/pop stained luggage, clothes or anything else. Also i feel by putting it in this bag that would only stand one way and would obviously not be "thrown" around like a suitcase things wouldnt be so shaken up.

We had such an awesome room steward he brought us a cooler and filled it every day. It was awesome service!!!!! He got a nice tip and a nice recommendation on both of our comment cards. We traveled the imagination so it had no refrigerator..

The funny part of the story, we are not big drinkers, but dh thinks a few are good on board... he drank 7 i drank 1 and we met some great friends with the other 10 !!!!!!!!!!! We also bought 4 miami vices that totalled more than the beer/pop we brought on board.

Dont forget your can cozies.. we are now the owner of two of them from Key West ;) Happy travels.

p.s. no i dont believe in trying to break rules, i gotta admit i was thrilled when the pkg made it to our room :D

We have never carried anything through the actual port other than pop.

m_f9b433042956430b9ed95b6a2e283652.jpg

m_180d4d8ba0434c799e17523f2a7dd507.jpg

Thanks for the helpful hints. I don't plan on taking a lot of beer on board but will take some and will have it brought on board with our luggage. My husband does like his beer and prefers that over hard liquor. Besides it will give me a little extra cash to buy something really nice.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I read a post where there is a store in the port of Miami, right after you get checked in where you can buy Beer, wine, soda and water. Duty free to take on board. Only heard about it once. Anyone ever done this?

the last cruise I was on, coolers were conviscated.

I would put it in a hard sided suit case and have it sent to the cabin with checked luggage.

good luck.

I read a post where there is a store in the port of Miami, right after you get checked in where you can buy Beer, wine, soda and water. Duty free to take on board. Only heard about it once. Anyone ever done this?

Its been a year, but I don't remember seeing any type of store there or anywhere close.

Archived