New Ideas for Activities on Cruise Ships

cruisinmama0

craft classes -- NCLA has good hands-on crafts

computer info classes -- Celebrity had a GREAT Photo-Shop class

more cooking demonstrations

murder mystery -- we hope to try that one on our next cruise

more history/informational/slide show talks on our next port of call -- not the shopping

parts!!

A loung with duelling pianos.

How about a lounge with dueling passengers. Choose your weapon. I'd have it early in the Cruise. More food for the winners.

Even though I have not enjoyed Second City's performances (I believe I am in the minority on this, but I don't think they have been terribly clever), I did enjoy the class they gave on improvisation immensely. They got even the quietest of us engaged. Also, the memory guy gave a seminar on memory techniques the day after his evening performance. Those sort of things - which I guess they are calling NCLU - are my favorites and could really be expanded upon. How about the ventriloquist giving lessons the next day? The chef, bartender, etc. giving classes. Language classes - nothing too formal but take advantage of the multicultural crew by having some of them teach enough words to say, hi, thank-you, etc. and maybe talk about their country, culture, etc.

Great ideas!! :)

Ok you guys are cracking me up. Now let's talk about these Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorothy meetings. What other kind of "Friends of.." can we have? Just for fun.

1. Friends of cruise critic. "Hi my name is cruisinmama0 and I am a Cruise Critic addict". Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Ok you guys are cracking me up. Now let's talk about these Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorothy meetings. What other kind of "Friends of.." can we have? Just for fun.

1. Friends of cruise critic. "Hi my name is cruisinmama0 and I am a Cruise Critic addict". Not that there's anything wrong with that!

LOL!! Hilarious.

I just read this one by NYY

"How about a lounge with dueling passengers. Choose your weapon. I'd have it early in the Cruise. More food for the winners."

Love it! :D

But seriously.....

Trivia pursuit challenge

JEOPARDY!

Wheel of Fortune

Ping pong tournaments

Name That Tune

Steel Drum lessons

Cake decorating lessons

The art of champagne...yum!

CPR classes

Acting classes

Comedy classes

Makeup classes

.........I got a million of 'em!

Happy cruising!

Hmmm... Belly dancing, gourmet cooking (cook your meal and try it), sushi making, cake decorating, Ettiquite classes.

BTW Norwegian if you're reading this and wanna steal our ideas. Make them FREE. Too many surcharges for everything already.

I went to the 3 part CSI NCLU lecture and learned about the show and real CSI technology.

There should have one on Star Trek :) The shows AND how some of the technology from the shows are a reality-not the whole warp drive thing though ;).

Ever notice how the communicators look a lot like flip phones?

OK, I'll admit it, I'm a big geek :D

I went to the 3 part CSI NCLU lecture and learned about the show and real CSI technology.

There should have one on Star Trek :) The shows AND how some of the technology from the shows are a reality-not the whole warp drive thing though ;).

Ever notice how the communicators look a lot like flip phones?

OK, I'll admit it, I'm a big geek :D

That's what you call "science future" not science fiction. The things that either exist now but years ago never thought would or the things that don't yet exist but may very well be around within the next 10-20 years. Things such as sliding doors when you walk up to them, communicators, flat screen monitors, shuttles, etc.. And you know Lt. Uhura was the first person to wear a bluetooth headset. :)

I think another fun theme party on deck would be a castaway party where you dress up like either a castaway ship wrecked person or your favorite character from Gilliagan's Island, and then you could have Gilligan's trivia and perhaps watch a movie such as Poseidon Adventure, Titanic, or Tom hanks in Castaway.

I really like the map idea. Maybe a big globe in the atrium? Whenever we have a chance to ask the crew about their home, it is always fun and fascinating, and they are proud and happy to talk about it.

I have read here where one of the CC members brings a small world atlas with them and use that when talking to crew members....the crew gets to point out where they come from and sign the book. Sounds like an engaging activity for those who are game. Not really something that the ship could do, but an expansion of the map idea.

A pub crawl. Great way to meet people, see all the various bars/clubs on board, and maybe even have a free tasting at each stop.

Also a pajama party or slumber party on deck at night

Pub crawl aboard ship...great idea. I actually thought I read somewhere that there was one but reading the recent GEM dailies didn't see one.

But seriously.....

Trivia pursuit challenge

JEOPARDY!

Wheel of Fortune

Ping pong tournaments

Name That Tune

Steel Drum lessons

Cake decorating lessons

The art of champagne...yum!

CPR classes

Acting classes

Comedy classes

Makeup classes

.........I got a million of 'em!

Happy cruising!

Many of those were on my list as well; along with Scrapbooking, photoshop fun, theater group where you learn a few lines and at the end of cruise actually participate in a 'play' or a 'production", scrabble tournaments, chess tournaments, dessert making classes, bread making, dancing w/ the stars type classes....

They have had classes on foreign languages before. Just the basics as previous poster said. I didn't attend although it sounded like fun from someone who did.

Pole dancing? I bet feminists are either rolling in their graves or having heart attacks!:)

During the first afternoon of the cruise and then during the last night... there could be suitcase dodgeball as your and your shipmates luggage is tossed about until it gets to it's final destination.

A pub crawl. Great way to meet people, see all the various bars/clubs on board, and maybe even have a free tasting at each stop.

Also a pajama party or slumber party on deck at night

I love both your ideas. Especially the pub crawl on the ship. You're right about that being a great way to see all the bars & meet some people. Sometimes some of the bars on the ships can be a little boring.. This would definitly liven it up.

Originally Posted by suzyed viewpost.gif

How about pole dancing class??

I've heard great things about pole dancing classes. There's actually a gym near me that offers these regularly and I know a lot of people attend these classes for bachelorette parties. I bet that would be a big hit if they started offering them once a week. I guess someone would have to train a crew member if this was only offered once during a cruise. lol.

Archived