Mini Bars new to me????

Sushi

I know it's a small fridge with stuff in it. What's in it when you arrive in your room? Can you request that everything be remove before cruise starts? I've been reading horror stories about the mini bars. I'd like to use the fridge for our own purchases. Can you carry a can of soda on the ship? I know liquor is a no-no.....not a problem, but a couple of sodas should not break the cruise line.:eek:

I know it's a small fridge with stuff in it. What's in it when you arrive in your room? Can you request that everything be remove before cruise starts? I've been reading horror stories about the mini bars. I'd like to use the fridge for our own purchases. Can you carry a can of soda on the ship? I know liquor is a no-no.....not a problem, but a couple of sodas should not break the cruise line.:eek:

Yes you can request everything be removed from the fridge from your cabin steward. Soda is not a problem you can even bring more than one aboard.

I've never seen a horror story about the mini-fridges but I know a lot of people like to ask their cabin steward to empty the fridge so they are certain they are not charged for anything. I have never worried about it, I just take everything out and put it up on the the top shelf, out of the way. Easy- peasy and I have never been charged for anything I hadn't used.

Haven't you seen these mini-fridges in hotel rooms? They're filled with tiny bottles of liquor, sometimes bottled water and/or soda, sometimes candy bars or other snacks. You get charged a lot for each item, so it's best to ask that it all be removed before you get there (or, as we did, as the steward was showing us around the room). Then be sure to check your bill on the last day, to be sure they haven't inadvertently charged you for the items anyway (it's not happened to me on a cruise, but certainly has in a land hotel or two!)

Yes, you can carry soday on the ship (unopened, probably), and bottled water.

Don't expect the refrigerator to actually be a *refrigerator*. It's more like a cooler; it'll keep things cool, but not cold. If you have something that genuinely has to be kept at a certain temperature (like opened food, or medicines), you'd need to either get them to put a real refrigerator in the room/

Archived