AQUA CLASS on Solstice

MississippiMamma

Who is now pregnant, I hear! TOTALLY OT!

In keeping with the snippet I posted above, I wore (linen) shorts and nice flipflops to brunch in the dining room, and even though I was in keeping with the stated dress code, I felt VERY out of place and couldn't wait to go back to my cabin to change! I don't have a problem with nice jeans, worn with heels, and I have denim 'trousers' that I wear to work with dress boots when I want to 'dress up' LOL. I am not bothered by that look on other people or passengers, but I wouldn't wear jeans to the MDR or specialty restaurant at night personally--just me. But I do wish Celebrity would be more consistent with their messages. Oh, if I ruled the world!!! :eek:

Cathy

So are there any good (or bad) Aqua class cabins? I'm considering booking a Celebrity cruise for next year and these have me intrigued.

Something I would like to know as well.;)

We are booked in AQ1551 and reading the Solstice Cabins sticky at the top of the boards it appears that the window cleaning apparatus will be parked directly outside our balcony.:eek::(

Just how bad is this, does it completely block the view?

Jim.

Something I would like to know as well.;)

We are booked in AQ1551 and reading the Solstice Cabins sticky at the top of the boards it appears that the window cleaning apparatus will be parked directly outside our balcony.:eek::(

Just how bad is this, does it completely block the view?

Jim.

Just my opinion but when paying the price for an Aqua Class cabin I wouldn't want anything at all obstructing my view in any way but we use our balcony quite a bit and consider that to be a very important part of our cruise.

Have you looked at any other cabin options? If noise bothers you there are some that report on the sticky that they were bothered by noise very early in the morning (under the gym would be a bad spot).

I changed our cabin to one underneath the hair salon so that we wouldn't have any noise issues early in the morning or at night.

Iadom, we were originally booked in 1556 till I saw some exterior pics on the web, I think 1551 won't have it directly in front, but in the 1:00 position. Also, I found those rooms too set back underneath the overhang from the resort deck, no sun would hit the veranda. We moved to 1548, loved it, the sun hit the veranda, I could see forward toward the bow, look directly down to the water. See the following link, it is for the opposite side of the ship, but it will give you an idea. Note that there is some sort of access apparatus in front of 1556 also.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2495793210104101060acKlBX

We recently had an AQ cabin and ate at Blu nightly. Unless you are really insecure and worry about what others care about what you wear don't worry. We were at a table for two between two other tables, and one couple dressed up each night and the other couple did not. The dress up people drove us nuts because the husband needed to chat non stop. The other couple were far more polite.

Please, Blu was the highlight of our trip and I can't imagine why anyone would worry or care how others in the dining room are dressed. Enjoy your meal on your terms, not those of CC members who don't approve. And yes, people wore jeans.

I am not going to get into the jeans threadjack!

Regarding AQ, the biggest plus was Blu. It was like being on a small, intimate, luxury ship instead of a mass liner. Its like a ship within a ship. Food and service were excellent. Interestingly, Blu was only half full most nights, even though AQ was fully booked. For the rest, AQ was much like CC. In particular, liked the multijet shower. Used the Relaxation room a couple of times, but there were a lot of spa customers coming and going, so did not stay long. We did not use the Persian garden.

We are doing a B2B in December with our kids (in their 20s). As we obviously wish to have dinner together as a family, the week with them we will be in CC, and they will have a regular cabin. The week without them we have booked AQ. This way we also feel there will be more variety to the B2B, as the itineraries each week are very similar.

Iadom, we were originally booked in 1556 till I saw some exterior pics on the web, I think 1551 won't have it directly in front, but in the 1:00 position. Also, I found those rooms too set back underneath the overhang from the resort deck, no sun would hit the veranda. We moved to 1548, loved it, the sun hit the veranda, I could see forward toward the bow, look directly down to the water. See the following link, it is for the opposite side of the ship, but it will give you an idea. Note that there is some sort of access apparatus in front of 1556 also.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2495793210104101060acKlBX

Thanks for that link, not quite as bad as I imagined. Celebrity website shows no availablity of other AQ class cabins on our sail date. :( I do like to use the balcony but TBH most of the time I am one there it is whilst waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner, that can feel like a lifetime...:rolleyes::D

Jim.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with NorCalCruiseGuy on the rules about denim. It used to explicitly say in the cruise dailies that no jeans were permitted in MDR. Now, however, it does not mention them. That being said, if you go to Blu in jeans, you will be in the VERY small minority and will probably look and feel out of place.

I really do wish that Celebrity would make up their mind on this area, either make it the casual dining of some of the smaller lines or.....um.....getting off soapbox... not going to threadjack here anymore, especially when I enjoyed Solstice's AquaClass so much.. The topic of this thread is AquaClass impressions. I am going to leave the jeans thing for the hundreds of flaming threads that are already out there.

Ok everyone has an opinion. My take is that it depends on where & who you are. A cruise to Costa Maya seems to be less dressy than one to Europe. However cruising the Greek Islands neat jeans would not be out of place. For dinner DH & DF plan on kahkis & jacket

formal nights are different. The ladies will be in black. Celebrity etc have used the words Country club casual- again it depends on where the country club is Hamptons vs Palm Beach vs Palm Springs vs Waco Tx ( pls do not flame me for Waco). The bottom line is NEAT, CLEAN/PRESSED for all clothes and well fitted-no belly buttons! Also once you are seated-no one sees your lower half- check out newscasters jacket & tie- jeans below.

Let's all relax and enjoy are vacations remebering to be polite to everyone we meet and to learn about the local culture.

Carole

Aqua Class was great for us; Blu had the less-crowded feel of a specialty restaurant, with (for us) great food, nice table companions. The cabins were wonderful; it was really nice to have the daily ice tea and bottled waters as well. We are going Aqua Class our next B2B as well. We're hooked!:D

Help me out here; we booked AQ on Solstice for this fall, and intend to Blu as much as possible. But, we don't do formal nights. We both wear wind-up suits every day for work, and so NOT on vacation! Will we HAVE to dress for formal in order to eat at Blu on those days? If so, what are the other options for non-formal dining? I can't figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Archived