Island Escape - 2010

Yes, we did it last year on the Destiny but it was a 14 night cruise with a different itinerary, although there are some similarities. The destinatons look quite good though - have you a particular aspect of the cruise you are seeking information about? If so, if I can answer your queries, I will. I must say that we did enjoy this holiday though - such that we'd been considering doing it again this year but having gone (rather unexpectedly) to the Caribbean in February, our holiday plans for the year have now changed.

You may get some more information on this board about the Island Escape too in due course - it's only just come under the Thomson umbrella so there should be some feed-back before too long.

She's older than the other Thomsons ships looking at them in the brochure I think.

But the cabins were clean and the beds comfortable, food in both Beachcomber and Main restaurant was plentiful and good and all the staff friendly and helpful.

We should have been on her sister ship the Island Star in April but with the complete takeover of Island Cruises by TUI our ship was sold and bang went the cruise.

that's why we're on RCI Legend O.S. in June.

having seen all the arguments on the RCI board about Dress Code for formal nights I'm not really looking forward to the ship, but it had the itinerary we wanted.

With the Escape you can leave your suit, tuxedo and tie at home if you want and just relax.

I'm looking forward more to our cruise in December on her withour sons.

If you want any more info or pictures of her you can contact me

berwynthomas@aol.com

Berwyn

We are looking at the Atlantic Sunrise cruise over my 60th birthday in late April, early May next year. Has anyone been on this cruise ?

PS

Just a thought, our TA mentioned that Thomsons would gradually be removing the free all inclusive. Unless you have a booking that says A.I on it. So if you fancy it I'd book it soon while the offer is still on.

It looks a great itinerary

We have also looked at - Portraits of the past on the Celebration but I like the sound of this itinerary much more. I would be in Naples on my 60th birthday...........:D

We have also looked at - Portraits of the past on the Celebration but I like the sound of this itinerary much more. I would be in Naples on my 60th birthday...........:D

What more can you want? Italy on your birthday, Heaven. Or Italy anytime for that matter:D

I'm confused, according to the brochure Celebration is doing RED Sea Magic on 24th Dec.

How are you in Naples.

Mind you these days it doesn't take much to confuse me:D

Ah I see you're doing both cruises, I just scrolled all the way to your 1st post. And I haven#t had a drink yet :-D

Also I'll be able to let you know how the Escape looks in December, so if neccesary you'd have time to change your cruise if you needed to.

The good thing for us though is we can take both sons with us on the Escape A.I. for about the same price we're paying for 2 with RCCL in June without any drinks.

Decided not to book just yet, we have got two weeks all inclusive in Varadero Cuba in July and Christmas on Celebration, who knows they might offer us a deal too good to pass........:D

We spent a week on the Island Escape, leaving from Majorca, around the med when it was Island Cruises. The ship was lovely and had the feel of a cross between Ocean Village and Thomson.

The only down side to us was that it only had what my kids called a paddlling pool, it was big but you could sit down in it. We like out pool on the ship to cool down in.

You will love being on the ship she is beautiful.

Have a good time and let us know how you get on. :)

Archived