Glenallen or anchorage

himay&henryk

we are going to stay in alaska for 6 days prior to our cruise. the first two days we are staying in anchorage and the last two in seward where the cruise departs. the middle two days we are debating on where to stay. we want to go to mantanuska glacier and debating on staying in glenallen or go back to anchorage, we want to stay in one or the other since we have a buy one night get one coupon in either place. any suggestions?:confused:

Is there a reason you're not going to Denali? There is nothing in Glenallen, it's wide spot in the road. The Matanuska Glacier is ok, but not as good as some of the other glaciers you might see on the trip. Consider Kenai and Homer if you don't want to go to Denali.

I too agree with these 2 "experts". You have a LOT more potential for touring with your timeframe. I would only do 1 night in Anchorage, then either head to Denali or to Homer. Glennallen is only good as a stop on the way to Valdez, or Kennicott. Requires 2 days in my opinion, plus transit time.

Archived