Nautica-Time to get from Athens dock to airport

shoreboy

The travel time is normally about 45 minutes by taxi. Provided you dock early enough then you can definitely make your flight even if you allow 1 hour.

My suggestion is that you pre book a taxi to meet you.

Brian

First time on Nautica ending Saturday 8/29. Can I get to the airport from the dock in Athens in time to make a 10:45AM flight.

You might be able to Taxi from the dock to the airport in the time allowed, but how many hours does the airline want you at the airport before an International flight?

Security in the Athens airport is sure to be tough, what with everything going on there.

On a related note, we have a 2:45 flight out of Athens and I wonder what we should do during the day. We will have to deal with our luggage. Is it a pain to take it to the airport and then go back out to see some sights? For a short day I don't think we want to bother with hiring a private guide. We'd want to be at the airport shortly after noon I would guess.

First time on Nautica ending Saturday 8/29. Can I get to the airport from the dock in Athens in time to make a 10:45AM flight.

You should be able to make it, the new(ish) Athens airport is pretty efficient, but be sure to reserve a car/taxi service ahead of time. When we disembarked there last September, there was a long line waiting for taxis, but no taxis, with a couple of taxis arriving only every few minutes, so that can be a major hold-up.

On a related note, we have a 2:45 flight out of Athens and I wonder what we should do during the day. We will have to deal with our luggage. Is it a pain to take it to the airport and then go back out to see some sights? For a short day I don't think we want to bother with hiring a private guide. We'd want to be at the airport shortly after noon I would guess.

The Athens airport is about a 45-minute ride from central Athens, so you definitely do not want to commute back and forth that day. Note, also, that the metro line running between the airport and central Athens is closed for long-postponed construction until at least October. There is a good bus every 15 minutes or so from Syntagma Square to the airport which costs 3.20 Euros. (A taxi from central Athens to the airport will run about 40 Euros.)

Archived