Royal Champions

Admin

You can get up off of the floor now.

I bet you never thought you would get that from me. :D

But thank you. ;)

Human nature, being what it is, makes it easy to assess that one may be reasonable when they are on the same side of the fence. It's when they are on the opposite side of the fence that human nature, being what it is, has a difficult time defining reasonable.

Gosh what a wonderful world we live in... have a web page be your own New York Times.

The facts are all right here in this thread and still people are eager to find the real super secret conspiracy by scouring the internet for another crank point of view.

It is apparent that there is a block of people that are unwilling to see any other possibility other than what they believe. Truth is dead. Welcome to the future.

jc<---- is disgusted and sad at how many people don't care about truth:mad:

I do believe Royal Carribean knows the truth about their own program. What about the comments RCCL marketing has made are not understandable?

They did a study to identify certain people who fit a marketing profile.

These people were given a name, some special invitations, and, in some cases, a free cruise with RCCL HAVING THE EXPECTATION that those perks would bring RCCL a certain positive result in influencing others on the Internet.

RCCL monitors their posts for "frequency" and to assure that RCCL is getting the desired results from the program.

RCCL expects that other posters, like me, will be influenced by this viral marketing and these posters.

As I said many posts ago, there is no such thing as a "free cruise." These folks were identified by the study to provide a certain result that was worth the whatever costs involved to RCCL.

ALL THIS is admitted freely by RCCL. No conspiracy. Just the truith as admitted by RCCL. We all can assess it as we wish.

coxswain posts:

Another hard hitting article http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/03/13/company-bribes-its-fans-to-secretly-flood-websites-with-praise/

yah, that was tough, and unfortunately, not totally accurate, imo. But when something goes viral??? Infections can be nasty, and as we all know, there is not an anti-biotic for a virus -- it just has to run its course and you have to hope it doesn't kill you first. I have to think the statement about not trusting ANY message board any more has got to tick off the cruisemates folks as that was exactly their fear. Interesting link contained therein to the Belkin/Amazon episode of viral marketing.

Human nature, being what it is, makes it easy to assess that one may be reasonable when they are on the same side of the fence. It's when they are on the opposite side of the fence that human nature, being what it is, has a difficult time defining reasonable.

Thanks again. ;)

Gosh what a wonderful world we live in... have a web page be your own New York Times.

The facts are all right here in this thread and still people are eager to find the real super secret conspiracy by scouring the internet for another crank point of view.

It is apparent that there is a block of people that are unwilling to see any other possibility other than what they believe. Truth is dead. Welcome to the future.

jc<---- is disgusted and sad at how many people don't care about truth:mad:

The internet is just another medium. If you get your truth from, say, a cable news network (pick one), I'd argue that you're not finding much in the way of it there, either. Yes, I agree that the majority (and not a "block") of people want to read/hear opinions that they fundamentally agree with in the first place. It doesn't matter if there's any truth to it or not.

I have gone over most of these reports and unless I am missing something...most of these other stories have come about because of the ms potter story...and that came about because she was contacted by a CC member about the RCs.

What angers and actually hurts me so much about all of this is that that person hasnt the bottle(guts) to come forward and say just what it is about the RCs that got them so angry/upset/fueled up etc. Yet it is expected that the RCs explain their every action since becoming a RC. :confused:

Doesnt anyone else find it disturbing that a fellow CC'r could go to a journalist just because they are a tad upset about the RCs?

Who will they get angry at next I wonder?

coxswain posts:

Another hard hitting article http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/03/13/company-bribes-its-fans-to-secretly-flood-websites-with-praise/

yah, that was tough, and unfortunately, not totally accurate, imo. But when something goes viral??? Infections can be nasty, and as we all know, there is not an anti-biotic for a virus -- it just has to run its course and you have to hope it doesn't kill you first. I have to think the statement about not trusting ANY message board any more has got to tick off the cruisemates folks as that was exactly their fear. Interesting link contained therein to the Belkin/Amazon episode of viral marketing.

Thanks for reposting that link..........it got me doing some research of my own......found some pretty interesting facts,if you ask me.....

The writer of that article is Jason.......almost the same as yours!!

The writer is 41(same number you use in your screen name)

The writer has done many expose articles(to achieve the same kind of results you are aiming for)

And the writer has quite a few stories about Illinois!!!

Now,I'm not saying anything,but what a coincidence, don't you think??

I have gone over most of these reports and unless I am missing something...most of these other stories have come about because of the ms potter story...and that came about because she was contacted by a CC member about the RCs.

What angers and actually hurts me so much about all of this is that that person hasnt the bottle(guts) to come forward and say just what it is about the RCs that got them so angry/upset/fueled up etc. Yet it is expected that the RCs explain their every action since becoming a RC. :confused:

Doesnt anyone else find it disturbing that a fellow CC'r could go to a journalist just because they are a tad upset about the RCs?

Who will they get angry at next I wonder?

I believe it was the comments by RCCL Marketing that attracted the press. I know they are what caught my interest. It was RCCL's description of the program that brought interest and controversy, not the Royal Champions.

Thanks for reposting that link..........it got me doing some research of my own......found some pretty interesting facts,if you ask me.....

The writer has done many expose articles(to achieve the same kind of results you are aiming for)

Kathy you rock!

jc

Interesting.

Originally Posted by PH8

Funny i was doing some detectived work too - i googled someones name and i was shocked to find the number other travel forums this name popped in !!

jj......

very interesting research, PH. i've speculated a few times about folks getting paid or otherwise compensated for stirring things up. i've also wondered if any writers were posting to get a story.

coxswain, we need your "transparency" a few times here. maybe you could ask jaxon41 how transparent he has been.

• Administrators

Hello:

I have to ask -- no, let's make that insist -- that this discussion be kept to the issues at hand and NOT about other posters.

Laura

Hello:

I have to ask -- no, let's make that insist -- that this discussion be kept to the issues at hand and NOT about other posters.

Laura

I wont say another word on that subject...........:)

Funny i was doing some detectived work too - i googled someones name and i was shocked to find the number other travel forums this name popped in !!

jj......

Almost all of us CC's belonged/belong to other Cruise forums at one time or another.

Everyone checks out all the ones that come on line.

What is the big deal with that? :rolleyes:

Almost all of us CC's belonged/belong to other Cruise forums at one time or another.

Everyone checks out all the ones that come on line.

What is the big deal with that? :rolleyes:

I can vouch for myself..........I post on 5 other sites regulary...:)

anyway,back to topic!!:D Holler on.......:p

jj......

I have been member on quite a few ...oh yea and a host on two...and always the same name.:D Nothing to hide or anyone to hide from :D

Archived