Carnival under 2 babysitting?

Dee79

Hello again!

I'm sorry to be flooding you all with questions but uhh.. That's why I love CC so much :D

Carnival.. I see a lot of 2 and up rules.. Then I stumble upon a few under 2 years old babysitting rules. They only babysit from 10pm-3am?

Does anyone have experience with this? How does this work.. Any other details/experience would be fantastic.

Oh! I guess I had forgotten about the $6 an hour fee..or I don't remember reading it!

Yep, small fee but WORTH it. :)

Like a pp said, with Carnival the baby does have to go to Camp Carnival. They do have cribs/pack and plays set up for the baby to sleep.

However, depending on the ship and the camp layout it still can be pretty loud so if your child is a light sleeper they probably wont sleep.

My toddler slept for about 20 minutes then woke up.

For babies under 1 I think in cabin late night would probably be better.

For us at the time we had 2 kids who would have rather been together vs. older one at camp and younger one stuck in cabin. So I liked that Carnival had the late night out of cabin festivities for our oldest son.

Or you can always get a balcony room and then room service after baby sleeps and not use any childcare. Depends on what kind of vacation you want to have.

ANY vacation with kids (especially a baby) is going to be way different than a vacation without kids. Both can be great fun though.

Thanks to those who replied and who keep replying. I found a caper online and since this is our first.. I was floored by all there is to do. I hope we have someone who will go with us. :D

I'm hoping DH's aunts go with us because they would watch the baby. We're even willing to pay for them because of various reasons.

Thanks to those who replied and who keep replying. I found a caper online and since this is our first.. I was floored by all there is to do. I hope we have someone who will go with us. :D

I'm hoping DH's aunts go with us because they would watch the baby. We're even willing to pay for them because of various reasons.

That would be great!

Anyone know if group babysitting is available while the ship is in port? I don't want to take my 11 month old off the ship in Jamaica, and I have never been to Montego Bay and I want to have my cake and eat it too! If not, I will stay on the ship with him, so everyone else in my party can go have fun on shore.

They have port day babysitting ($6 per hour for under 2's) from arrival in port to 12pm (noon). You can ask them if they will keep him longer than noon. If you are booked on a Carnival shore excursion and they don't have too many kids in the 2-5 group there is a good possibility that they will do it, especially if you tip.

We have used this service and think it is a good one. We have also taken our 14 month old(at the time) off the ship in Montego Bay. We didn't feel that is was any more unsafe than any other stop. We stayed in the tourist areas and were careful. Go eat at the Pork Pit. It's great!!

We have also taken our 14 month old(at the time) off the ship in Montego Bay. We didn't feel that is was any more unsafe than any other stop. We stayed in the tourist areas and were careful. Go eat at the Pork Pit. It's great!!

Eeek, I am one who thinks that Mo Bay vendors are just way too aggressive for people with kids. :(

My kids stayed on the ship for Mo Bay. If I had a planned excursion, then I would have taken them off.

Eeek, I am one who thinks that Mo Bay vendors are just way too aggressive for people with kids. :(

My kids stayed on the ship for Mo Bay. If I had a planned excursion, then I would have taken them off.

We were hasseled by no one, of course we weren't shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
this is info i have been looking for.

So there are evening babysitting for 10pm to 3am and on a port day until noon ??

We are looking at freedom for Oct 2010.

Any other info ?

Yes, there is babysitting for Under 2's at night. And certain hours during the day. If you go to the link in my signature, you can see some of the carnival caper pages. Listed on the 2-5 year old pages, you can see some times for "Under 2's"

Carnival babysitting for under 2's is nightly fom 10p-3am, Seadays from noon-2pm and port days from arrival in port until noon or later if arrival is later. All this is $6/hr. You can also attend all the family events (welcome aboard party, ice cream socials, holiday activities, talent show). I have also heard of them keeping the baby longer while in port if you are booked on an excursion since most dont end before noon.

Archived