1604 vs. 9256

boquer

If you are inquiring about a Radiance class ship 9256 is the wrap cabin and 1604 is the mid aft with the deepest balcony of the mid aft cabins. We have stayed in a 1604 and gave up 9256 when a JS price drop made it too hard to pass up. The cabins are the same size, it's the balconies that are different. 9256 is definitely the most sought after D 1 on this class of ships.

We were not bothered by anyone above us on the Windjammer patio in 1604. There was almost no noise coming from above, which can always be a problem with a cabin on the top passenger deck.

Both cabins have partial cover with lounge chairs and a small table.

Given a choice I would take 9256.

I hope this helps.

Thanks CB and Alcpa....you two always respond to my obsessing. The ship's the Serenade (for the third time) and last year we stayed in 1100 which we loved except for the fact that there was an awful lot of sun and very little shade. I know that 9256 has pretty much the same balcony but does it have any more shade? And does 1604 have more shade than 1100 or 9256? Thanks a lot, you two. I know that both are great. Phyllis

Phyllis,

9256 has more shade to the aft. You will get a little more sun to the side but not as much as the awesome 1100.

1604 does not really get a lot of direct sun. The deck from the Windjammer is the same depth for 1604 and 1100 except you have the side exposure. Does that make sense?

I don't blame you for sailing again on the Serenade. It's a great ship. If the ship had not been pulled for a charter when we can sail we would be on her again this year.

I still think if you can get 9256 you should grab it.

I'll be gone for a week so I hope you can arrange everything to your satisfaction. CBATSEA can answer any more questions too.

Phyllis,

I can but my CPA DH sure can't! Actually we probably could go the first week but that is the Sugar Bowl and we will be going to New Orleans and then to the BCS game.

Hopefully retirement isn't too far off and the first thing I am going to do is book a cruise during TAX SEASON...that will feel like heaven.

Thanks Phyllis,

We're still set for an aft Thanksgiving cruise so my DH can get ready for the season and I can force him back to the Sugar Bowl and BCS. The Sugar Bowl won't take much pushing but the BCS is another story. I may go without him next year. I baked goodies for the Sugar Bowl hospitality suite but half of them (over 200 cookies) never made it from one hotel to another. The committee invited me back if I promised to make enough to last for more than twenty minutes! I think that's fair.

Are you offering 1100? That's sweet temptation. We had friends in that wonder on a Radiance cruise and it was all I could do to stay off their balcony when we were sailing through the Alaskan straits.

Oh Phyllis, I hope you can get your DH to sail. Sometimes it's just hard to get away and if you must cancel and you have already joined the M & M for your sailing you might offer it to someone from the boards. Whoever grabs it will thank you for eons.

• 2 weeks later...

Phyllis...what date were you sailing in Jan?? If you have to cancel, I would sooooo love to have cabin 9256!!! We are currently booked in 9660 for Jan. 30th. Pleeeeaaase let me know if you have to cancel (I am really sorry if you do:() Thanks! Nicki

Archived