Always on the NCL (main dining) menu??

MIAMIMEDIA

I read that there are certain items that can always be ordered from the NCL main dining room. Does anyone now what items are standard everyday options :confused: (Shrimp cocktail, cesear salad, grilled chicken, steak??) Please clarify what items, be specific PLEASE :o

I read that there are certain items that can always be ordered from the NCL main dining room. Does anyone now what items are standard everyday options :confused: (Shrimp cocktail, cesear salad, grilled chicken, steak??) Please clarify what items, be specific PLEASE :o

You just listed exactly the ones that I remember.

Caesar salad

shrimp cocktail

grilled chicken breast

broiled salmon

sirloin steak

cheese tortellini

Caesar salad

shrimp cocktail

grilled chicken breast

broiled salmon

sirloin steak

cheese tortellini

Make that, baby shrimp cocktail. I was so saddened to see that the beautiful shrimp cocktails I used to get back in 2003 have now shrunk down to these tiny little things, the size of guppies (or smaller, not exaggerating).

Fortunately they had the jumbo shrimp cocktail in Cagney's, so I was able to partake once during the cruise.

Just be sure when your order escargot, and it doesn't arrive as an appetizer, and dinner is served & dessert is to come & the creme brulee has escargot as it's during the service after the GAS illness.

You can get whatever you feel like done the way you want it if you have a medical need with the great matre D's NCL has.

Make that, baby shrimp cocktail. I was so saddened to see that the beautiful shrimp cocktails I used to get back in 2003 have now shrunk down to these tiny little things, the size of guppies (or smaller, not exaggerating).

Fortunately they had the jumbo shrimp cocktail in Cagney's, so I was able to partake once during the cruise.

True they have shrunk and true about the ones in Cagney's but you can always order 6 of the ones in the dining room to compensate.

I was disappointed with the cesar salad, tasted like it had water instead of dressing on it, honestly no flavor.

Just be sure when your order escargot, and it doesn't arrive as an appetizer, and dinner is served & dessert is to come & the creme brulee has escargot as it's during the service after the GAS illness.

You can get whatever you feel like done the way you want it if you have a medical need with the great matre D's NCL has.

Can you please explain your post? Maybe I'm just clueless tonite but I've read it 3 x and still don't get it.........

A great appetizer. Which we ordered at our dinner on Jewel and did not get it served til dessert. Creme Brulee to the left & escargot to the right.

F & B Director walked by & chuckled with what I was eating & I told him better late than never. Then he sees other women with the same dessert. Turned out the waiter knocked over 20 servings & we had to wait to get it. It was the biggest laugh at a meal yet.

Can you please explain your post? Maybe I'm just clueless tonite but I've read it 3 x and still don't get it.........

that was

I will try to remember: steak (8oz sirloin) salmon, chicken breast, shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, baked potato. I can't remember what else, but these I am sure of.

Nita

yep you are right about it being baby shrimp, but you know they taste just as good. I don't know why so many people think only jumbo shrimp are worth eating..

I am not criticising you, I too loved the jumbo guys but I also don't see the difference in taste, just looks..

Nita

yep you are right about it being baby shrimp, but you know they taste just as good. I don't know why so many people think only jumbo shrimp are worth eating..

I am not criticising you, I too loved the jumbo guys but I also don't see the difference in taste, just looks..

Nita

Yep, taste is the same and they are great but as someone else mentioned, you have to order six to equal the quantity of one order of the jumbos. They are just too tasty to only eat one.

Yep, taste is the same and they are great but as someone else mentioned, you have to order six to equal the quantity of one order of the jumbos. They are just too tasty to only eat one.

well that I agree with and I don't think I would want someone seeing me eat 6 of them. I guess I mention the taste only because I see this complaint so often. If the amount is the issue I agree, but if some think those little guys taste different I just don't see it. So many of us, think bigger is better..Maybe that is why I am so big???!!!!

LOl

well that I agree with and I don't think I would want someone seeing me eat 6 of them. I guess I mention the taste only because I see this complaint so often. If the amount is the issue I agree, but if some think those little guys taste different I just don't see it. So many of us, think bigger is better..Maybe that is why I am so big???!!!!

LOl

sounds to me they should just serve the BIG ones, if people are ordering 6 small orders to equal the biggys the cost would turn out the same, No?

On the Pearl in the Garden Buffet there were shrimp cocktails with very large shrimp. Not a lot of the servings, but I was always able to get one...they make them up right there in small batches.

I did have a chuckle over one passenger who wanted the whole "batch" for herself and gave me a hip check when I reached for one.

Are these items that are available daily listed on the menu? Or is this an insider tip?

I don't remember seeing these items on the menus on the Gem. I did always stop at the bar before dinner, so maybe that's why. :rolleyes:

It is in the main dining room on the menu right after the entrees.

Archived