NCL New President

AFT_LOVER

Thanks to Apollo, Sheehan has named his new President.

Cruise industry veteran Roberto Martinoli was appointed president and coo of Norwegian Cruise Line, responsible for all aspects of fleet operations, including the construction of Norwegian Epic.

For the past year, Martinoli worked in Europe as advisor to Apollo Management, one of NCL’s major shareholders. Previously he was evp operations for Carnival Cruises Lines.

Thanks to Apollo, Sheehan has named his new President.

Cruise industry veteran Roberto Martinoli was appointed president and coo of Norwegian Cruise Line, responsible for all aspects of fleet operations, including the construction of Norwegian Epic.

For the past year, Martinoli worked in Europe as advisor to Apollo Management, one of NCL’s major shareholders. Previously he was evp operations for Carnival Cruises Lines.

I'm pretty sure Martinoli is the one who was so against Freestyle dining. I bet he'll pull the plug on that in a hurry!

I'm pretty sure Martinoli is the one who was so against Freestyle dining. I bet he'll pull the plug on that in a hurry!

Can you please cite your source? IIRC you were looking for confirmation last week on the "end of Freestyle was near" rumor last week also?

• Administrators
Why don't you go spread your junk on another site. :cool:

Because for some reason this one's decided not to ban the name. :(

Arnold (if that's actually your name!) NOBODY thinks NCL's going to eliminate Freestyle dining -- every OTHER line is now emulating NCL to loud applause from those who don't like regimented dining. Please stop trying to derail threads on this board with your agenda?

Most people like Freestyle dining.

There are drawbacks to Freestyle dining but I believe for most people they are outweighed by the advantages.

And NCL do the concept of anytime dining much better than, say, Princess, now if only they could get the actual food and service in the main dining rooms consistently better than Princess as well as the concept there'd be no stopping them.

I can't see NCL stopping Freestyle dining, it would not fit in with the new F3 ship's concept apart from anything else.

Can you please cite your source? IIRC you were looking for confirmation last week on the "end of Freestyle was near" rumor last week also?

Goodness. Even local newspapers in their business sections have been reporting almost weekly about Martinoli since he left Carnival! They were correct in their prediction about his going to NCL.

The name that the troll is using is the name of the "pig" from the 1960's era sitcom "Green Acres". Coincidence?? :rolleyes:

Boy, you ask a simple question, and a guy who posts a sweaty old pair of socks as his portrait infers you are a pig.

Seriously, I asked a question, it's demanded I supply sources. If I had sources, I wouldn't ask the question. Instead of screaming for sources, why doesn't some one just answer the question?

Goodness. Even local newspapers in their business sections have been reporting almost weekly about Martinoli since he left Carnival! They were correct in their prediction about his going to NCL.

So the Hooterville weekly is all over this? ;)

Boy, you ask a simple question, and a guy who posts a sweaty old pair of socks as his portrait infers you are a pig.

Actually, Seanote IMPLIED you were a pig. You INFERRED you are a pig based on his implication.

Sea Hound:D <-- sorry, it's the college professor in me!

No way is NCL going to get rid of Freestyle. That's their entire brand image. They have way too much riding on the entire concept, not to mention that almost every other line has started copying them (at least to some extent).

The day NCL gets rid of Freestyle is the day I stop cruising.

So the Hooterville weekly is all over this? ;)

LOL, what a bumpkin! It's the Hooterville monthly GAZETTE.

Actually, Seanote IMPLIED you were a pig. You INFERRED you are a pig based on his implication.

Sea Hound:D <-- sorry, it's the college professor in me!

Show off. Put that million dollar brain of yours to good use and try to figure out why he resembles an old pair of sweaty socks.

No way is NCL going to get rid of Freestyle. That's their entire brand image. They have way too much riding on the entire concept, not to mention that almost every other line has started copying them (at least to some extent).

We'll see. The papers were correct about him leaving Carnival, and taking the reins at NCL.............

Archived