New RCI Enhancements

Soda package: can be pre-purchased starting March 28, 2009

Dinner: some enhancements are made to the MyTime and specialty restaurants and pre-booking the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe for dinners.

Alaska transfer: cruiser can now book train instead of bus from Anchorage to Seward and Seward to Anchorage.

Bayonne Bus Transfer: 4 routes

- washington, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Mt Laura

- Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, Easton

- Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Hartford

- Providence, New London, New Haven, Bridgeport

Category changes: mentioned in one of my 'useless' posts earlier. Will not repeat the changes

Departure procedures: as some already mentioned and observed, the cabin stay will be extended with minimal announcements and regular TV programming on disembarkation day.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Activities

New jewelry workshop with complementary jewelry kit. Currently on 7-Nights and longer (Independence of the Seas®, Legend of the Seas®, Grandeur of the Seas®, Rhapsody of the Seas®, Explorer of the Seas®, Radiance of the Seas®, Brilliance of the Seas®,Mariner of the Seas® and Jewel of the Seas®) but will be fleetwide soon with different programs and kits.

Whodunit Mystery cruises: 4-19-09 Mariner; 6-6-09 Explorer; 8-29-09 Liberty; 10-29-09 Radiance

And then some Kids, Teens and Family enhancements...

End of 'useless' post...

Can the soda package be pre-purchased online like a shore excursion? How far in advance... is it as soon as the cruise is listed or do we have to wait like a specialty dining reservation?

Why would we need to pre-book the windjammer buffet restaurant for dinner? I can't imagine it being that crowded at dinner, especially now with the my time dining option in the main dining room.

Can the soda package be pre-purchased online like a shore excursion? How far in advance... is it as soon as the cruise is listed or do we have to wait like a specialty dining reservation?

Why would we need to pre-book the windjammer buffet restaurant for dinner? I can't imagine it being that crowded at dinner, especially now with the my time dining option in the main dining room.

No clue about the "why" for the Windjammer. I was just looking at the chart (oh nooooo another chart!!! :D).

The only thing I know about the soda packages is that the program rolls out on march 28, 2009. I guess they will tell you then how far in advance.

Why would someone want to pre-book dinner in the Windjammer?? Why can't you just go there to eat when you are hungry (of course during hours of serving)?? Please help me understand this one as I think I am missing something.

THANKS!!!

Who knows. I don't see a reason either. Maybe the chart will change. This one is from last month or so. It is not very clear either.

Just take that info with a grain of salt. I send an e-mail out for the latest charts (darn charts).

:D

Dinner: some enhancements are made to the MyTime and specialty restaurants and pre-booking the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe for dinners.

On Celebrity, they do this thing where there is table service at dinner in some of the buffets. It suits people who want to have service but don't want to dress for dinner. I wonder if they plan to use a portion of the buffet for this?

Oliver........thanks for the update.

Do you have any idea of what Royal Caribbean means by:

Complimentary luggage valet service

Maybe someone knows what this means.......but I have no clue!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Isn't that the service that they normally sell on some sailings where you check in for your flight onboard and they take your bags to the airport? Never works for us as it's a domestic offer only.

Said by Schplinky...

"It suits people who want to have service but don't want to dress for dinner."

Don't want to dress for dinner? They allow nekkid dining? :P

Oh dear!

They seem to have discontinued that on Solstice. When we sailed her, the buffet at dinner was just the buffet, not a scaled down version of the Main Dining room.

Thanks for the very informative post. Now, if you can only find out which ship will be doing the San Juan Southern routes in the summer of 2010 before the dates are released.:D

Everything I've read has indicated that it will be Serenade only.

Thanks Schplinky,

That's what I've been planning on. I hope so, sounds like a great ship.

We were on Brilliance (its twin) and really liked it. I would like to take a transatlantic on that class but there aren't many offered. I like that it has both specialty restaurants, which Adventure doesn't. We had a crazy huge balcony on that Brilliance. It was 9092 and has about twice the space of a normal one.

We were on Brilliance (its twin) and really liked it. I would like to take a transatlantic on that class but there aren't many offered. I like that it has both specialty restaurants, which Adventure doesn't. We had a crazy huge balcony on that Brilliance. It was 9092 and has about twice the space of a normal one.

How many do you want???

Rick

The one thing we all have to remember is that when you pre pay anything it is that much less you can use your OBC towards. Don't forget you do not receive reimbursement of unused OBC in some instances. If you start paying for everything upfront you may regret it. Just a thought.

Do you have any idea of what Royal Caribbean means by:

Complimentary luggage valet service

Maybe someone knows what this means.......but I have no clue!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Isn't that the service that they normally sell on some sailings where you check in for your flight onboard and they take your bags to the airport? Never works for us as it's a domestic offer only.

Schplinky's correct. The luggage valet service is where RCCL checks you in for your flights and transports your luggage to the airport for you.

Schplinky's correct. The luggage valet service is where RCCL checks you in for your flights and transports your luggage to the airport for you.

I used luggage valet for the first time this last January. It was awesome. We signed up with Guest Relations. On the last day the RCI luggage tags, the airline luggage tags and our boarding passes were delivered to our state room. We left our bags out at night and the next time we saw them was at luggage claim back home in Washington. No mess, no fuss.

The one thing we all have to remember is that when you pre pay anything it is that much less you can use your OBC towards. Don't forget you do not receive reimbursement of unused OBC in some instances. If you start paying for everything upfront you may regret it. Just a thought.

Okay, first of all what's a poster with the name "Pepsicruiser" doing on an RCI site when all they sell is Coke products? (Kidding).

Good point about the OBC. Our last cruise (5 nighter): if it weren't for charging our tips we wouldn't have used all of ours.

Bayonne Bus Transfer: 4 routes

- washington, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Mt Laura

- Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, Easton

- Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Hartford

- Providence, New London, New Haven, Bridgeport

Does anyone know the details or even pricing info on the Boston Transfer?

That would be perfect for us!!

Archived