Talk about ironic

bubbles1209

Today, the gentleman (not sure of his name) that inspects our home for termites and all every year came by on his yearly visit. When he came last year, he & dh talked about us going on cruises, where all we had been, etc. Well today he came to inspect the house, and he asked o.k. when's your next cruise? (Even remembered that we took 1 in June with the whole family.....the one where dh had not seen his daughter in 10 plus years and he treated her family to one to get to see her for his birthday. ) He asked how that went, and when was our next one. DH told him it was great, and that our next 1 was on May 23rd. The gentleman (sorry, I don't remember his name) replied, May 23rd? DH said yes, we leave out that morning going to Orlando, a port we've never sailed out of before. The gentleman asked him what ship. DH replied a Carnival ship of course. :p The gentleman said the Glory? DH said yes, I believe that's correct. (I was at work or I would have been all into the conversation) The gentleman said you are going to Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Martin? DH said yes, how did you know that? The gentleman inspecting our house said........... I'll see you onboard. :eek: What are the odds? I thought that was pretty ironic. It will be their 2nd cruise, and we plan to meet up on the pool deck at the aft of the ship at sailaway. Talk about ironic. I thought that was pretty cool, and just wanted to share with everyone here who will understand. I couldn't believe it when DH told me all of this. Talk about ironic.:)

Today, the gentleman (not sure of his name) that inspects our home for termites and all every year came by on his yearly visit. When he came last year, he & dh talked about us going on cruises, where all we had been, etc. Well today he came to inspect the house, and he asked o.k. when's your next cruise? (Even remembered that we took 1 in June with the whole family.....the one where dh had not seen his daughter in 10 plus years and he treated her family to one to get to see her for his birthday. ) He asked how that went, and when was our next one. DH told him it was great, and that our next 1 was on May 23rd. The gentleman (sorry, I don't remember his name) replied, May 23rd? DH said yes, we leave out that morning going to Orlando, a port we've never sailed out of before. The gentleman asked him what ship. DH replied a Carnival ship of course. :p The gentleman said the Glory? DH said yes, I believe that's correct. (I was at work or I would have been all into the conversation) The gentleman said you are going to Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Martin? DH said yes, how did you know that? The gentleman inspecting our house said........... I'll see you onboard. :eek: What are the odds? I thought that was pretty ironic. It will be their 2nd cruise, and we plan to meet up on the pool deck at the aft of the ship at sailaway. Talk about ironic. I thought that was pretty cool, and just wanted to share with everyone here who will understand. I couldn't believe it when DH told me all of this. Talk about ironic.:)

I have a similar story. My sisters were looking at one of their old teachers calenders on her desk and they saw cruise. So they said are you going to these ports and shes like yeah. Then they said are you going to the Carnival Elation and she said yeah. So it was so weird to find that out.

I think that is really neat!! What are the odds? Well, these days, everyone I talk to either has cruised or wants too badly. Funny, so many people think it is so expensive & out of their reach. I give more people the cruise critic website to check into. When I tell them it can be less than a land based vacation, they look at me like I am from Mars. I just tell them to do the math. Add in hotels, eating out, gas (or plane fare), entertainment,rental cars, etc.. I got a quote for a girl I worked with to take her family (2 parents & 4 kids) on a 5 day for under $250 a person. She was just astounded.

Stalker ??????:eek: LOL......J/K

Have a great cruise......;)

I once saw my gynecologist on a cruise. It took him a minute to recognize mend when he did he said "Oh I didn't recognize you standing up!" LOL

He probably uses this line all the time but I thought it was hilarious.i

I ran into a co-worker on a cruise once. Neither knew the other was going!

I was talking with my supervisor about looking into cruises for 2010 and said we were thinking about sailing out of baltimore. Another co-worker overheard me and asked which month. When I said june, he said he'd just booked one for june out of baltimore in 2010. I made sure to get the date he was going so I WAS NOT on the same sailing. LMAO!! I like hime so much that if I were to see him on a vacation (land or sea) I'd be ready to go home....

Ironically he is booked on one of the 2 weeks we had debated so he helped narrow down which week we'll be booking. (if we don't try out ncl next year)

I hope he is not there for "work"

It seems like we always run into someone we know, or someone that knows someone we know. As soon as I say I am from Rhode Island I get asked one of two things; That is in New York right? or Oh so is my cousin (Aunt, uncle, grandma) there name is blah blah do you know them. A lot of the time I do have some connecting to them, gotta love the small state.

We ran into the people I used to baby sit for who were my moms travel agency clients in Bermuda. She had no clue they were going to be there, they looked embarrassed to see us lol

Lol, gotta tell you my story!

I live in a new community, houses still being built....late last year they finished building the house next door and our neighbors moved in...we intriduced ourselves but nothing much after that.

A month later, we are in the driveway loading our luggage in the car ready to go to the port, we see our neighbors in their driveway with some family loading their car, we wave hi and leave.... we are on the Inspiration, just got onboard, been at the bar for about an hour when I see some people that look exactly like our neighbors.....i keep telling my fiance lookat them over there, i swear thats our neighbors....she says i had to much to drink.....i point at them and they start pointing at us back....of course it was them! :eek:

so we talked and all of us were floored to say the least....we are the bestest of neighbors now!!! :D:D

Interesting how life has its twist and turns! lol

I do think my story doesnt beat seeing your gyno on board, bu i had to post my story anyway! :p

I was getting my teeth cleaned last week and while catching up with the news with my dental Hygienist I found out that she was going on Glory in May and was able to save her money on car rental, room rental, tips for onboard, excursions and the return to Orlando. That is also a hard thing to do with someones fingers in your mouth.

Needless to say my teeth look really clean as in icon :D.

About 10 years ago, I went with my mom on a cruise (3 night). Needed to get away, had been through a divorce, etc.

Got on the cruise, thoguht I saw one of my former students...

Turned out, there was a group of 40 from the little town I used to teach in. Really cut back on my relaxation that cruise!

How is this ironic? Seems to be just a coincidence.

Went on the Celebration out of Jax a while back. While getting ice cream cones with grandsons someone commented on my daughters tshirt as it had our home city on it. Turn around and to our suprise it was our OLD TA. We had not used her in ages but there she was asking who booked for us as she did not. Started telling me what a deal she could have gotten for me and what she could do in the future. I told her I book all my cruises myself. I really have a PVP at Carnival and she is great.

For me the situational irony of it all (outcome of events contrary to what was or might have been expected) was being on a ship with 2974 other people and not knowing a single soul (which I always look forward to.....I love being "lost in a crowd" on vacation) except the people that we brought with us. A happy coincidence indeed! Can't wait, only 73 more days 'til we leave:D

Archived