looking at 14 night Mediterranean Legacies Nov 14th

mrose1120

Hi all!

I've been on this message board for a while, just not in this forum, as i've never sailed Celebrity before!

My Fiance and I are getting married Nov 7th and have been researching cruises for a honeymoon. The 14 night Mediterranean leaving out of Venice on Nov 14th sounds REALLY intriguing.

Can people let me know their thoughts/feelings on the following:

How is this cruise overall if you've taken it?

How is Celebrity different than NCL or Carnival?

We are thinking of getting a suite since its our honeymoon, is there a certain level suite that gives a special perk?

How is the weather in this itinerary during that time of year?

I'm sure more questions will come out!

Thanks!

I did this cruise last year and it was wonderful. The weather, though, is iffy--you just never know what you are going to get, could be nice, could be rainy. All suites have essentially the same perks--you can find those on the website.

You will find Celebrity to be a bit more 'refined' than the other lines--great service, none of those constant announcements or hairy legs contests by the pool, and less crowded.

If at all possible, I would plan to arrive a couple of days early in Venice--it is such a romantic city and a great place to begin your honeymoon and your life together! Also, you are very smart to allow a little time between your wedding and your trip. Several cruises ago, we ran into a couple who had done the bachelor/ette parties, then the wedding, then the transatlantic flights back to back to back, and were about to drop from exhaustion upon arrival in Europe. They looked miserable. You need at least a little 'down time' after the excitement of the wedding before taking off on a dream vacation. We did see them later in the week and they had perked up!

Best of luck

Cathy

I did this cruise last year and it was wonderful. The weather, though, is iffy--you just never know what you are going to get, could be nice, could be rainy. All suites have essentially the same perks--you can find those on the website.

You will find Celebrity to be a bit more 'refined' than the other lines--great service, none of those constant announcements or hairy legs contests by the pool, and less crowded.

If at all possible, I would plan to arrive a couple of days early in Venice--it is such a romantic city and a great place to begin your honeymoon and your life together! Also, you are very smart to allow a little time between your wedding and your trip. Several cruises ago, we ran into a couple who had done the bachelor/ette parties, then the wedding, then the transatlantic flights back to back to back, and were about to drop from exhaustion upon arrival in Europe. They looked miserable. You need at least a little 'down time' after the excitement of the wedding before taking off on a dream vacation. We did see them later in the week and they had perked up!

Best of luck

Cathy

thanks for the great response..

truth be told, we are also considering a RCL transatlantic leaving the monday after our wedding, but we are concerned with being so rushed. There will be about half the wedding guests traveling for our wedding so we want to have a nice brunch the day after and we don't want to have to miss that to run to the airport.

I understand the rainy/not rainy thing but does anyone know the average temp?

Also, whats the "average age" of a passenger on these cruises if anyone knows?

I would say the daily temp was mid-60's, which to me is perfect for sightseeing. Age was all over the place. There were young couples, some with babies, and some older folks, but not as many as I expected. This is a VERY port intensive cruise--we had to watch out that we didn't totaly exhaust ourselves--and not all that suitable to older and mobility-impaired people. We are mid 50's and active and we were pretty pooped when we returned to the ship each day--that's why we loved our daily turn in the thalassotherapy pool!

I think any longer cruise in the off season will be more likely to have an older demographic; I have looked at TA's but I kniow for me that i would be bored silly with all those sea days. We had three in a row one time due to a missed port and I was going batty. Of course, I wasn't on my honeymoon ;)

Cathy

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

We took this cruise in 2007 a little later in November into December. The weather was fantastic. It was warmer in the eastern ports 70's-80's F: Dubrovnik, Athens, Kusadasi. It was cold in Venice , Rome, and Florence 30's to 40's. It was comfortable 60's F in Naples, Nice, and Barcelona.

We were in CC class 6135. It has a huge balcony because it is between two suites! It has two loungers as well as a table and two chairs. My husband who usually never sits out on the balcony sat out every sea day and napped. I noticed that the corresponding stateroom on starboard side 6136 is available for the cruise you are contemplating. I can highly recommend this CC class room with all the CC perks like flowers, special breakfast menu, etc.

Happy sailing,

bump..

just looking for the average temp in europe (from people who have gone around that time) and age of the passengers on the ship :)

thanks

You will need maybe a jacket.

In Dubrovnik and the rest of the eastern part i´t might be more warmer.

They might be between 30´s to 40´s.

Archived