mosquito's

Can Imagine will get these on shore but what about onboard

Must admit a bit paronoid about the little critters and am a deet man through and through ( super drug do one that has 95% deet content):confused:

We used the 50% Deet which lasted for 10 hours and had no problems even though my DH is prone to being bitten. As we also went swimming most days too, either there weren't many/any mossies around, or the Deet was very effective and survived us going in the sea.

We didn't use any in the evenings and I guess using soap whilst showering would have removed any remaining Deet. I think the distance from shore and the strong sea breeze would not be conditions conducive to mostiquoes so I don't think you would need the Deet whilst at sea.

We risked the Altos de Chavon boat trip (warm + humid = good for mossies) but didn't have a problem. Friends who did the aerial tram ride in the rainforest didn't get bitten either. As long as you take care to use the Deet as recommended, I don't think you need to worry. Relax and enjoy your trip. It was great! :)

Marmite. No I am serious. Eat it, Don't spread it on your skin :-)

There's something in it the bugs don't like. You need to have it for about 2 weeks before you go.

Doesn't matter how you eat it, spread on something or as a drink.

Marmite. No I am serious. Eat it, Don't spread it on your skin :-)

There's something in it the bugs don't like. You need to have it for about 2 weeks before you go.

Doesn't matter how you eat it, spread on something or as a drink.

Garlic has a similar effect but the threat from mosquito's at sea is remote, unless they hitched a ride while the ship was in port.

On shore you find these annoying creatures all over the world and you should take precautions.....;)

Archived