B2b cruises cancelled by rccl

Got a call from our TA yesterday to say that both weeks of our b2b cruise on Serenade of the Seas in November had been "chartered" and RCCL were cancelling our holiday. We couldn't do any of the other dates offered b2b and to make things worse we'd already booked and paid for our air fare separate to the cruise!!!! Our TA was told to contact customer services but no guarantee has been made as to whether we would be compensated or not, he's still working on that.

I know we'll not be the first people to have this happen but we've got way past Diamond + without problems - very, very disappointed.

Got a call from our TA yesterday to say that both weeks of our b2b cruise on Serenade of the Seas in November had been "chartered" and RCCL were canceling our holiday. We couldn't do any of the other dates offered b2b and to make things worse we'd already booked and paid for our air fare separate to the cruise!!!! Our TA was told to contact customer services but no guarantee has been made as to whether we would be compensated or not, he's still working on that.

I know we'll not be the first people to have this happen but we've got way past Diamond + without problems - very, very disappointed.

I am sorry you did not see that posted on the boards here before or on our Roll Calls.

It was both the Nov. 21 and the Nov. 28 Serenade cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=940917&highlight=

Some of us have known and have already changed to other dates and ships. I really was very disappointed not to be able to sail the Serenade. I believe they chartered the ship to a country according to the thread I posted for you to read.

Best wishes on what you select.

Its going to a nude cruise

See you there

Cruise Critics are much smarter than that. ;)

:wrp96,

The 5 week summit is in April - the CB is being used as a hotel for the summit because there aren't enough hotel rooms available. But the CB is also being chartered for 11/22/09 and 11/29/09 - the same weeks as the Serenade. I went and looked at threads about those cancellations to find out how much Princess is compensating passengers for the exact same weeks. And on the thread about the 5 week summit they mention that another shorter summit is happening in Trinidad and Tobago in November - the same weeks as the CB and Serenade cancellations.

Thanks for all your comments/sympathy

We would still have to try & change our airfare to sail on Adventure, although they wouldn't initially offer the sailing on 22/11 for some reason, plus we're already booked for that ship to do 3 weeks b2b in Jan 2010. It looks as though we're going to have to try & change the air over for that, but we're looking at £500 extra to pay.

We've got our travel insurance in place but our TA doesn't think they'll take any of the cost because it's a tour operator cancellation, we'll have to wait & see on that one as well.

Archived